Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Options and fees

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
gillSpie
Star
Star

Does anyone offer a camera mount with weather / sun shield?

Currently, the basic plan is free. Will there ever be a fee for the basic plan?

Can you or will you be able to connect storage devices to the hub and use it to save video instead of the cloud?

Will you offer integration to other security systems and are you experimenting with any at this time?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

gillSpie wrote:

Does anyone offer a camera mount with weather / sun shield?

Can you or will you be able to connect storage devices to the hub and use it to save video instead of the cloud?

Will you offer integration to other security systems and are you experimenting with any at this time?

1) Not that I know of.  The camera is supposed to be weatherproof - are you planning on using it someplace under water? 😉 A sun visor could be useful but it would impinge on the view and detection.

2) Who knows?  I doubt the basic plan will ever be charged but things change.

3) Not at the present time.  Many of us would like that option but there are currently no uses for the USB ports (has anyone tried plugging a drive into one of these?).

4) I have no idea.  Maybe an Arlo rep can comment although I suspect upcoming features will not be commented on.

R_Lowe
Luminary
Luminary

gillSpie wrote:

That's the same question (more or less) I posed maybe a month ago.  Customers, like here, provided their opinion(s), but Netgear never officially weighed in on it.  And in fairness to them, who would deign commit to such a forecast?

I've already committed to 4 cams so they pretty much have me by the short hairs now; so we're all at the mercy of Netgear's capricious whim.  Still, I personally believe they'll always keep a free low(est) tier because there's enough folks who may very well eventually upgrade to keep things profitable.  But right now I'm quite enjoying the Costco polish sausage & soft drink loss-leader special Arlo is giving me -- at least as opposed to my Dropcams which do require a monthly fee for storage.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation