Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Chung
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,  I'm looking at my house and I believe I will need around 6-7 Arlo cameras.  It looks like the router base only controls up to 5 cameras so does that mean I would need to purchase another base to support the extra cameras?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

One base station will easily connect to those cameras. However, you'll need to upgrade the service from Basic to something else sinyBasic only works for up to and including 5 cameras.

Chung
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, so if i want to keep the basic plan, i'd have to get another router to accommodate the 1-2 extra cameras?

RegDawg
Apprentice
Apprentice

Chung wrote:

Ok, so if i want to keep the basic plan, i'd have to get another router to accommodate the 1-2 extra cameras?

I believe the system is account connected. So even by getting another base station you'll still need to upgrade the plan. I'm wanting to get another 1-2 camera's as well but debating the monthly cost. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

you can buy 2 systems with 3 cams each and sign up to 2 accounts ( diff emails )

That will keep you in the basic/free plan. You need 2 bases connected to the router via ethernet ( so you need two free ports )

Or go 1 level up to Premier for 10 cameras with one base ( it will handle all but only live stream 4 cameras at same time )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Chung
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cool, might go that route.  I'll have plenty of ports since I am remodeling the house and putting a lot of RJ45 connectors around the house.  Thanks for all the suggestions.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Chung wrote:

For clarity, you don't need another router, just another base station (and subscription to support it).

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation