Mixing cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Andyw0530
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are the Arlo cameras backward compatible for use on the same base as a mix of Arlo cameras?  I'm wanting to add more cameras including a1080 Q camera, but didn't know if I need to also upgrade the base.  Can older Arlo base can handle any new Arlo camera addition?  Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Andyw0530 wrote:

Are the Arlo cameras backward compatible for use on the same base as a mix of Arlo cameras?  I'm wanting to add more cameras including a1080 Q camera, but didn't know if I need to also upgrade the base.  Can older Arlo base can handle any new Arlo camera addition?  Thanks!

The Arlo camera and the Q will work together but maybe not like you think.

The Arlo cams hook into the Arlo base ONLY, the Q cam hooks into you home wifi system. 

They will all appear together in the PC/apps but you have to arm them separately..  Arm the Arlo cam and them arm the Q's

So in effect, the base makes no diff to the Q cams

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
roy9183
Star
Star

Hi ,

Good to know that both Arlo Q and Arlo Wireless work in the same account.

However can someone clarify if , I have 2 different cities i.e. one location having 2 wireless cameras and other location having 2 Arlo Q . Can i still use one sigle free account to watch all four cameras.?

Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup.

Andyw0530
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks
roy9183
Star
Star
Just tried the same. Just followed the steps and setup the ARLO Q. It works perfectly.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation