Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I buy additional cameras to add to my original kit?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
ArloNewbie
Follower
Follower

Where can I buy additional cameras to expand my system to both inside and outside my home? At what point do I need to upgrade my service plan to support all the extra cameras?

9 REPLIES 9
ArloTeam
Arlo Employee
Arlo Employee

Hello ArloNewbie,

You can buy add-on Day and Night Cameras wherever the Arlo Smart Home Security kits are sold. Currently, you can find available stock on Amazon.com, Fry's Electronics and many more coming soon. Be sure to look for model number VMC3030. 

Thank you for your interest and we look forward to your business! 

Arlo Team

Av8tor737
Tutor
Tutor

The Amazon website says the cameras will be available on January 30th 

Av8tor737
Tutor
Tutor

Fry's Electronics in San Jose had no cameras in stock. 

David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

here is a link to a knowledge base article that shows how many cameras are supported with each plan.

Cameras

Evis
Aspirant
Aspirant

сan I use the camera from one station to another? for example buy five sets and use them only 2 stations

David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

Evis wrote:

сan I use the camera from one station to another? for example buy five sets and use them only 2 stations

Hello Evis,

Are you wanting to know if you can use a camera or cameras that have already been synced to one base station on a totally different Arlo base station? If so the answer is yes you can. In order to use a camera or cameras that have already been synced to a base station you will need to re-sync the camera or cameras to the new base station by following the syncing procedures.

Simply press the sync button on the side of the base station you wish the camera or cameras to be sync to. Wait for the flashing light on the base station to appear to indicate the base station is ready to sync the camera. Next press the button on the top of the camera to start the syncing process. The lights on the camera will rapidly flash blue indicating the camera has successfully synced with the base station. Repeat the process for multiple cameras.

Please Note that cameras can only be synced to one base station at a time. You cannot share a camera between two base stations at the same time.

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if you need any more help.

The Arlo Team

Evis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, David,
thanks for a complete answer to my question
I want to buy a few sets "Arlo 2 HD Camera Security System (VMS3230)" now so as not to wait for the release additional cameras .

Av8tor737
Tutor
Tutor

Fry's in San Jose on Hamilton had the add on cameras in stock yesterday. 

4vrnvr
Apprentice
Apprentice

Amazon shipped out my additional cameras today!

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation