Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Are there any additional fees to use Arlo system?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
ArloNewbie
Follower
Follower

Can I use the Arlo system right out of the box or do I have to pay an additional service fee to use my system?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ArloTeam
Arlo Employee
Arlo Employee

Hello Arlo Newbie!

Thank you for your interest in the Arlo Smart Home Security system! The Arlo system includes the FREE Basic service level that supports up to 5 cameras and 1GB of cloud storage. You can elect for Premier or Elite service that supports additional cameras and base stations allowing you to expand your system at anytime. Paid service plans also include a more expansive feature set called "PREMIUM features". For more information on service plans please visit Arlo Service Plans. For additional information on PREMIUM features please visit PREMIUM Features.

We look forward to your business.

Arlo Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ArloTeam
Arlo Employee
Arlo Employee

Hello Arlo Newbie!

Thank you for your interest in the Arlo Smart Home Security system! The Arlo system includes the FREE Basic service level that supports up to 5 cameras and 1GB of cloud storage. You can elect for Premier or Elite service that supports additional cameras and base stations allowing you to expand your system at anytime. Paid service plans also include a more expansive feature set called "PREMIUM features". For more information on service plans please visit Arlo Service Plans. For additional information on PREMIUM features please visit PREMIUM Features.

We look forward to your business.

Arlo Team

StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

The FAQ's and KB's state Scheduler and shared viewing is a Premium Feature (ie paid), yet elsewhere it has been posted that Netgear has changed their mind and made those part of basic.

If so, they should update the FAQ's and KB's.

Example:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/What-are-PREMIUM-features/ta-p/85

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for pointing this out StuBee!! 🙂

We are working to ensure the mobile clients (iOS and Android) are updated as well before updating the FAQ's and KB's so as not to cause any confusion when they don't see the premium features available on the smart phone app. We are hoping to release updates to the app stores asap. Potentially in a week or so but we will definitely make another announcement once released!

Thanks again for pointing this out! Good looking out!! I have put it on my list to update the FAQ's and KB's once the updates are released!

Best Regards!

Christine - Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation