Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Does the "No offers today. Check back later" mean anything?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
mhnatt
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

We have had Arlo for a couple weeks now and absolutely love it.  Quality system and great software/app.

We are maxed out at 5 cameras and hope to add more.  I keep checking the little tab in the lower right screen of app when in Cameras mode, and when I swipe it out it always states "No offers today. Check back later"

It is my hope that one day, I will swipe to find an "offer" of something nice (like a coupon code) that would push my wife and I over the edge to buy more cameras and upgrade our plan.

Is there anyone out there that has ever seen anything "offered" or know of any promotions?  We have 5 cameras and are on the free plan but are ready to pull the trigger if something comes up 🙂

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

keep looking.. that's prob why its there 🙂

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ant
Mentor
Mentor

TomMac wrote:

keep looking.. that's prob why its there 🙂

Netgear never seems to offer ANYTHING from it!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ant,

I apologize for not having more information on this but as TomMac suggests keep an eye out for offers here. This is where they will be posted when they become available. 

Regards,

JamesC

mhnatt
Luminary
Luminary

I keep hearing "check back here" for offers and special deals but in all honesty, after weeks have passed, does anyone truly keep checking when the same "no offers today, check back later" shows up time and time again?   My questing simply was to see of anyone in the world ever has seen anything but "nothing" in this window.  Evidently, this just doesn't happen so why tell us to do it? Is there some twisted humor in watching us tap the little bar each day?  Is there a running bet to see if the users will look for 100 days or something? (Ps, I'm sort of kidding so don't take it personal).  I'll "check back" back a few more times and vow to after that, forget about it and wait until a version 2.0 (with powered/wired cameras) comes out before I buy the yearly plan.   I was only trying to toss some sales your way in upgrading my plan but sheesh, you guys rant me! Hehe.

inSohmniac
Initiate
Initiate

I'm going to have to agree with mhnatt's "Not a rant" rant.  Why even have that feature if you as a company are never going to offer any offers?  Every other company on the planet inundates my inbox with their daily offers and deals because I have invested in their product(s), and although daily offers can get a bit cumbersome, a weekly or even a monthly offer would be cool.  Even a measly "Save $5 on your next purchase" would help me feel better about investing any more of my hard earned money in your products.  But the fact that this feature even exists in your app and hasn't once offered me anything - and I have had my Arlo camera system since the week they first came out and check almost daily - tells me either A) You have no intention of offering me anything, which suggests to me that although you have a 400-500% markup on your product from your actual total costs you are nothing but greedy (way to ruin the world by joining the greed trend), or; B)  You have completely forgotten that the feature exists, which suggests you don't care about your customers.  Neither option makes me feel good about Netgear or Arlo.  You DO realize that if your customers feel good about your company andyou make them feel special by offering deals, you will make even MORE money without appearing greedy, yes?  It's Psychology 101, folks.

Market share is one thing, but the people who brought you that market share can just as easily take it away.  Something to consider.  So I think it's WELL past time to provide all of us that Offer, and again every so often, no matter how minimal, to make us all feel good about continuing to support your company and your products.

Thank you for your time and your consideration,

A currently ambivalent customer

Zandian
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yeah, I've had the Arlo app almost since its inception and I've checked this numerous times just to see "not today'". I agree, why have this if you are never going to offer anything even after year(s) of having it. It perplexed me so much I actually logged on here just to post about it and found others in the same boat. Come on Netgear throw people a bone once in awhile. Or don't have it at all.
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

mhnatt wrote:

(..) 

We are maxed out at 5 cameras and hope to add more.  (..)

(..) that would push my wife and I over the edge to buy more cameras and upgrade our plan.

And while you wait for that "offer", note that you don't necessarily have to upgrade your plan when buying more than the five cameras you already have.

Although somewhat less convenient, you can simply create a new email account and register with it - again - up to five cameras to an additional base station and in effect avoid having to pay for upgrading your existing free plan. You just get another free plan with up to five cameras.

Drawback, of course, is, that you need another base station, another free Ethernet port on your home router for that base station and another account, which will be more of a hassle as you have to login to two different accounts to see all your cameras' live views and footage.

Also, if you don't need another five cameras, consider getting five anyway and reselling what you don't need. A five-camera bundle on Amazon (including a base station) is currently $625. You could sell one camera for a little less than what it costs new, and still come out ahead compared to buying an exact match-count bundle. Note that the four-camera bundle available from Best Buy (currently $499, also with a base station) includes an outside camera mount, which the five-camera bundle from Amazon does not.

jdevlin86
Aspirant
Aspirant

Massachusetts user here; I have checked every single day multiple times a day since July 2015, never seen an offer.  

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation