Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo Subscription plan changes w/o an alert notice?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Ed-9
Aspirant
Aspirant

(I looked for discusion of this but did not see anything)

I was a little busy for the last 6 weeks or so and had not logged into my Arlo account.
I see there were changes to the site and terms of the plans but after calling support and asking about it I was disconnected while the agent "went to check".

I used to be able to specify how long to keep my recordings. Any of X days would be removed if not tagged as favorite and if there was no more storage space. Simple.
I used to be able to see how much storage space I had available. Simple.

My routine was to weekly tag what I wanted to keep as favorite (forever), and delete most of the garbage.
Now, I see all of my favorites> 30 days have been removed ( in fact, I have have nothing > 30 days old) and can no longer see how much storage I have available to manage what I want to do.

The Premier subscription plans now conveniently say "30 days" and up to 10GB. That was not what I paid for.
Since the support line could not answer my question as to when this happened and all but denied it and then hung up after I explained that's not what I paid for, I am hoping someone here can give me an answer.
Although really annoyed, I am not going to cry over what was lost. I am more appalled that netgear did this w/o notification and so far is pretending that was not the case when I subscribed 9/8/15.

7 REPLIES 7
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy
As far as I remember, the retention periods for video clips have not changed. Only, before, you could often find videos in your library exceeding your plan's retention period. So, you actually got more than you paid for.

This is no longer the case. 30 days is all you get on the Premier plan. Whatever you haven't saved elsewhere before a recording expires is gone for good.

Meanwhile, the storage quotas have been removed completely, even if they are still being mentioned on the subscription plan page.
BurgleMeNoMore
Guide
Guide

Incredible the amount of stuff Netgear has swept under the rug. Watch out, don't trip and fall. A company touting safety/security that instead appears to be covering its own butt while potentially putting its customers at risk. Shuffling the support website (and no doubt deleting posts that might affect their finances, reputation or otherwise), reducing prepaid services without notice, over/understating product features (15 second delay time to recording movement - uh, how fast was OJ able to slice, dice and run off without that damn glove?), no communication regarding widespread defective units that don't sync but have a pretty pink/purple hue and slow, weak communications regarding their push notification system failure. 

I have a serious need for the Arlo product and I too, was hurried off the tech support chat, not given the ability to speak to a manager and now after more than 7 days - no response whatsoever and no information or replacement unit provided for my defective camera, which I troubleshot for many wasted hours and replaced with yet another defective unit from the retailer.  If my stalker is successful, will someone out there assure that Netgear contibutes to my funeral expenses or crime scene clean up?  Until then, let me find my rose colored glasses - not necessary for viewing Arlo video, if I had some. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BurgleMeNoMore,

Please provide me (in a private message) with the case number you currently have open with support. I will review your case and escalate accordingly.

JamesC

BurgleMeNoMore
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the message. I tried sending info to community@netgear but it bounced back. 

Case # with Graceshine was 

Case #: 26482092
Case Summary: VMC3030 - Camera having pink/purple image
Product: VMC3030

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To send a PM (private message), click on the user's name.  On that page, look for Contact Me on the right side and there's a small private message link.

Ed-9
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too have a side issue with two of my eight cameras that show everything as pinkish shaded during daylight (It's 'like I live on mars).

I chatted and it was like the issue did not exist for anyone except me.

I was told to restart the cams close the the base but it did nothing.

I was then told to send serial numbers and proof of purchase (why) to a support email address.

I have not heard back in 3 months.

I have been too busy to address the replacement of these cams and was gonig to post another topic for it after this one was resolved.

I saw someone replied to your mention of the pink camera and I will send him a PM regarding mine once I dig up the case number.

Back to the subscription: for 4 months I was able to access my old favorite recordings and set a date to keep all others as long as I didnt run out of storage space.

Why would I make that up? If it were  otherwise I would simply have downloaded them, no big deal; but it wasn't otherwise.

One day all of my stuff disapeared and suddenly there was verbage saying 30 day limit, that was never there before on the subscription.

There is no sense beating a dead horse at this point and I will move on and just say it made more sense before.

Moving on: If it is not too much of a sidetrack on the orig topic, can someone tell me whyt I can't now see what days actually have recordings (filter or no filter)?

Previous to all the changes days on the calendar were not highlight if there were no recordings for all cams or using a filter.

This way if you used a filter you could instantly see which days had recording for that cam.

Now I have to click on every day to see if there are recordings.

And If I delete all on any day the green dot still shows on the calendar.

I admit I may be missing something or was this another change for the worse?

BurgleMeNoMore
Guide
Guide
It's been another week and STILL no response. It's sad when a company whose products and services are related to such important issues such as personal safety and security and yet they seemingly ignore the thousands of customers No doubt who are experiencing problems with defective, non-functioning product and haphazard service. It's Sad that a customer has to take responsibility to shine a light (no pink or purple hue) on the need for a company who has severely neglected its own duty to stand behind their products/services and make things right. Shame, shame. Lives are actually at stake here. This is no game! Wake up Netgear!
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation