Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Buying a Used One

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Thes4s67
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am considering buy an Arlo system but probably used since it's somewhat cheaper. I am just curious would the previous owner(s) would have access to once I'll use it? I know that you would have to register the base station (serial numbers) and create an account but I'm sure the previous owners would have done it already. Maybe I'm just a little paranoid or should I just buy it new?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A two-button factory reset will release the serial number from the account if it is still bound to an account at the time you make the purchase. This will allow you to set up your own account using that base station. If you have any issues or questions about this process, let us know!

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Under a new account and password, they would not be able to access....

You may have a registration problem tho. This has come up before when a 'used' system was activated by a second user. It required a call to Netgear to release the serial number of the base unit. (so the new owner could register )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A two-button factory reset will release the serial number from the account if it is still bound to an account at the time you make the purchase. This will allow you to set up your own account using that base station. If you have any issues or questions about this process, let us know!

JamesC

Thes4s67
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for the comments!
Mrbrown
Aspirant
Aspirant
I need a base station. Or what other alternative do i have if i dont have a base station
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo cameras only link to the BASE station so you need a base.

They only sell the bases with a camera

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation