Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
deb4295
Follower
Follower

What are the best batteries to buy for the Arlo camers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would like to thank you for your posts and contributions! I want to make sure you take a look at an article outlining best practices when it comes to batteries. For those involved in this discussion I encourage you to review Remember these golden rules for your Arlo camera batteries along with BATTERY WARNINGS AND SAFETY.

Thank you for sharing! 

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Depends on yr viewing habits...

Normal usage as per Netgear, stay with the named brand OEM ( about $1.25 each from online battery companies )

HEAVY usage, then rechargeables are more cost effective.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
debj4295
Initiate
Initiate

what name brand like energizer would be the best kind to buy for the cameras? Also what is the difference between cr123 and cr123a. Arlo uses cr123.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would like to thank you for your posts and contributions! I want to make sure you take a look at an article outlining best practices when it comes to batteries. For those involved in this discussion I encourage you to review Remember these golden rules for your Arlo camera batteries along with BATTERY WARNINGS AND SAFETY.

Thank you for sharing! 

JamesC

scaminita
Aspirant
Aspirant
What are the best rechargeable batteries for ARLO? It seems like every time we recharge they last about two weeks then die on us
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First, what are you currently using ??  Usage time ??

Second, read this ; starts at page 51 with newer data... basicly IMO top two are Nitecore, Eagletec  ( due to safety and consistant disccharge over time )

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Buying-Options-Tips/Rechargeable-batteries-for-use-with-Arlo-camera...

Third make sure your using GOOD KNOWN BRANDED cells with proper charger

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation