Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bunk97
Initiate
Initiate

This is what i wrote to netgear support tonight dealing with this issue. I hope people see this and no that you can not view your live feed more than 4 min per day in order for your battery to last 6 months like they say on their website. I have only had my camera for 3 days and had to spend 20 dollars to replace them. I wanted it for our baby room again  like they say on their website. Could you imagine only checking on your baby for 4 min per day.

I have had a really bad night dealing with your customer support team. I have only had my arlo camera hooked up for 3 days and have already had to replace the batteries at 20.00 u.s. I called to ask them why and they said oh well you can only watch live feed for 4 min per day to last 6 months like your website says. That is crazy. You say it's for baby monitors, business protection pet sitting and more well how can you do that at 4 min per day. This is crazy and will see that it says that on the website. If it was on the website noone would every buy this product. I have a case number and it is. 25471603 I will not stop or stop leaving negative reviews until this is fixed on the website. It should read you can not view this camera live feed and have motion alert on for more than 4 min per day. That is what your tech support team told me tonight which is so crazy. My goal is so that everyone knows this before buy to save them a hudge headache and money like me. Shamfull that you dont put this on your website.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First, the system was not designed to be a 24/7 streaming video... it is motioned base and on batteries. You may be better suited with a different system than trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

Second , as to battery life.... there are several users that use rechargeable batteries AND do high record/streaming per day.  It just you'll have to change them out every 12-14 days. This may solve your problem

I have two indoor cams running low usage and the OEM batteries have been in use since 2/24 ( a couple mins per day ) and other cams that use rechargeable batteries that lasted 50 days with normal use... So batteries are not a big problem.

Edit;

\from website;

New batteries provide up to 4-6 months of power to the NETGEAR Arlo wire-free camera with normal usage. Normal usage is defined as 4 minutes of viewing or recording per day with the wire-free camera in the Optimized setting.

Depending on your specific usage, you might see different results. Also note that a NETGEAR Arlo wire-free camera’s distance from the base station can affect its battery life.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
mcharlatan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wow, I'm so glad you posted this! I was just about to pull the trigger on Arlo for monitoring my daughter that's arriving in 6 weeks. The big selling feature is that it is wireless and has a long battery life. I recommend that Netgear take down the page that advertises this as a baby monitor, because parents are going to have the realistic expectation of monitoring their child constantly. At the very least change the page to explain the realistic performance of the product for this situation. OP, I hope they compensate you for your troubles. Again many thanks for posting this! 

Mr Moderator, the problem is that it is advertised about this all over the website about the 6 month battery life, but without the slightest mention of only streaming a lousy 4 minutes a day. These types of business tactics are usually done by irreputable companies. I didn't know Netgear was one of them.

Anonymous 

Product Manager

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation