Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo - Adding more than 6 cameras but keeping free plan

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Cuttersdad
Follower
Follower

Does anyone know if I can buy a 7th or 8th camera and add it to my system, but keep the free plan for 6 cameras by deleting one of my other cameras from recording?  In other words, can I have 8 cameras but only choose 6 of them for the plan to record?

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Cuttersdad wrote:

Does anyone know if I can buy a 7th or 8th camera and add it to my system, but keep the free plan for 6 cameras by deleting one of my other cameras from recording?  In other words, can I have 8 cameras but only choose 6 of them for the plan to record?

I believe you can sync more than the allowed cameras, just that you must disable the number over your service limit.

JamesC will be able to confirm

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cuttersdad, TomMac

This is correct. You can sync more cameras than your subscription allows, however, any camera past your subscription limit (past 5 if using the free Basic plan) cannot be viewed.

You can swap active and inactive cameras within Settings > Subscription > Manage Camera Status. 

JamesC

davidhowes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all, *newbie here*... i understand what your all saying here reagrding the addition of extra camera's etc.

My question is if I add a second base station & more camera's to that base station (in effect having a total of upto 10), and wanting to keep the basic (free plan) - I am restricted to viewing & recording from any 5 cameras OR does having the second base station attached to one's account enable the whole 10 to be viewed / recorded (if choose to do so)... 

Or will I need a second account - attached to the second base station (with its own cameras) - in order to view / record all 10 (yes two accounts - two seperate logins / setups etc)...

Not sure this is coming across correctly... the final setup / usage would be this:

upto 10 camera's - recording on motion... would I need one or two base stations? would I need the premier service? lets be honest - IF you do find something has occurred and is recorded - the likelyihood of the footage being downloaded from the cloud is high - then removed from the cloud (thus keeping your cloud storage empty and not kept online for the "free" 7 days). 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

davidhowes,

The camera limit based on subscription is per account, not per base station. Regardless of how many base stations you have attached to the account, when on the free Basic plan, the viewable camera limit will be 5.

In your case, you would need two separate accounts if you only want to utilize the free Basic plan to view all of your cameras (5 cameras and 1 base station per account). If you subscribe to the Premier Plan, you could have 1 or 2 base stations (there is no base station limit) with up to 10 total cameras synced on a single account. Take a look at this article as it may help clarify subscription plans: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud storage is available?

I hope this helps,

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation