Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

installing VMS3130-100NAS

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GRACE22
Follower
Follower

Hi everyone, i'm new here. i need to get a camera to keep a eye on a tree at my mom's house.Our neighbor might want to kill my mom's  tree because it's roots are on their land . This person  may be a  psycho. I need to get a camera that is not to expensive, my mom is disabled  low income. I was looking at the   VMS3130-100NAS which maybe the right one.  We have high speed internet from Comcast. This is my question, the white router where do you plug that into? And do I have to leave my computer on while the camera is running. I don't have a smartphone.  I would really appreciate any help with this, my mom is  disabled and she doesn't need to be stressed out by this neighbor so if I can get this camera going I'm sure it will help her. Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The base station has to plug into your router.  The rest of the system is wireless but does not rely on the router's WiFi, if it has such capability. The computer is simply a way to monitor what's going on and to manage settings and does not need to be on for any reason. Turn it on and go to the website to see what's going on and to receive email notifications, if enabled.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation