Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Adding more wireless cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Hello.

Is there somewhere cheaper than Netgear's Arlo web site where we can buy more wireless cameras to add to the current Arlo camera system that came with two/2 cameras?

Thank you in advance. 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Buy the 4-camera set for $500 from Best Buy, take one camera out with batteries and your preferred mount (the set comes with one outside mount besides six of the standard magnetic indoor mounts), sell the remaining three cameras and base station for $400. You'll acquire a camera for $100 and the buyer saves $50 on the 3-camera set. Win-win.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ant
Mentor
Mentor

FYI. My client already bought the 2/two cameras + 1/one base station from a local Fry's Electronics store yesterday for $350 and a free $25 gift card. He wants to add more cameras. Adding one/1 new camera costs almost $160 in his account!

http://arlo.com/en-us/products/kit/ says almost $450 for VMS3430: 4/four cameras and with a secure outdoor camera mount from most of the local Best Buy stores.

What's up with that? Can we buy VMS3430 and add to the original installation since it is a much better deal?

Thank you in advance. 🙂

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Buy the 4-camera set for $500 from Best Buy, take one camera out with batteries and your preferred mount (the set comes with one outside mount besides six of the standard magnetic indoor mounts), sell the remaining three cameras and base station for $400. You'll acquire a camera for $100 and the buyer saves $50 on the 3-camera set. Win-win.

R_Lowe
Luminary
Luminary

Schorschi wrote:

Yup -- there's several ways to save on an Arlo.  Way to think out of the box on the above!  Of course, I'd have to recommend that your buyer(s) is lined up and has ponied up the $$ first....  Before I bought my 4-cam system from Best Buy a few weeks back, I also proposed this, uh, "Spy-with-a-Friend"* 3/2-cam savings opportunity here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Buying-Options-Tips/Price-Break-by-Mixing-Systems-Cameras-Interchan...

*w/apologies to SW Airlines.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation