Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Black

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
cjmcg
Initiate
Initiate

I have two arlo cameras and would like to expand my coverage but much prefer having a camera that is less conspicuous than the current white model.  Do you plan to offer black?

3 REPLIES 3
R_Lowe
Luminary
Luminary

I'm certainly not a Netgear rep, but if they have no plans or do have them, but for, say, 2016, I can't think you should deny yourself using this great product merely because it's white -- admittedly a huge visual cocealment mistake.  It'd be very easy to either paint the outside cover black, or in a camo pattern, or simply stretch some type of cloth or other skin or covering (some leaves or grass even) over it to remove the starkness, wouldn't you think?  Personally I hate modifying anything and probably won't (I have a new 4-cam pack unopened and am first pondering placements). 

On a more positive note, I'm SURE I also read somewhere that Netgear was going to be coming out with "skins" of some type in the near future (as opposed to selling cameras in a black or darkened color scheme).  I'm just saying you should strongly consider a work-around now because it's more important to get your camera up and running NOW to potentially catch somebody as opposed to going unprotected should you truly need it....

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

cjmcg wrote:

I have two arlo cameras and would like to expand my coverage but much prefer having a camera that is less conspicuous than the current white model.  Do you plan to offer black?

If you want a change or mod... leave your request here; https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

the more kudos given to an idea, the more likely they will serious think about it.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
R_Lowe
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks for that great hint Tom so we can (ultimately) help ourselves.  Squeaky wheel gets the grease, huh?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation