Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Itbehook
Guide
Guide
I bought the four camera system (with one base station) and love it, however I need to add one more camera to my system. That would make it a five camera system. I have the basic package (free package) and at the bottom of my screen it says I can add one more camera. So my question is if I buy the fifth camera will it work just like my other four cameras or do I need to add another base station? Also, with that fifth camera can I only stream four live pictures from the cameras at the same time or will I be able to view all five live pictures at once? I normally only watch one live picture at a time but I'm just curious. Thanks in advance.
7 REPLIES 7
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If you operate with only 1 base station you will only be able to stream 4 cameras at a time. Besides that every thing should remain the same. 

armoredsaint
Apprentice
Apprentice

i didn't know the base station was only limited to only 4 simultaneously streams.

d0gg
Apprentice
Apprentice

It isnt. I have 5 cameras on my base station and they are all running without any issues.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You misunderstood.  You can only STREAM 4 cameras at a time.  You can schedule more but live streaming is limited to 4.

d0gg
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ahhhh thanks for the correction! 

One question for you. Is it 4 streaming total? Or can I use 2 bases and stream 8?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

d0gg wrote:

Ahhhh thanks for the correction! 

One question for you. Is it 4 streaming total? Or can I use 2 bases and stream 8?

It's 4 cams max per base streaming. So 2 bases would stream 8 , up to 3 bases-12
--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Noel_Flantier
Tutor
Tutor

For your 5th camera, just sync it normally like you did with the 4 previous ones

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation