Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trying Before Giving

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
hilemonl
Follower
Follower

We would like to try this Arlo system out at our house prior to taking it to my mom's house to install. Obviously, when we take it to her house, it will be hooked up to an entirely different wireless router. Will this cause a problem? Should we create our own account while testing at our house or go ahead and set up the account my mom would use at her house and just change things in that one account once we get things set up at her house? Any advice about doing this is appreciated. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You should be able to simply un-install the Arlo system from Residence 1 and install in Residence 2 without any problems.

I would setup the account for the final destination first. In other words while testing at your home setup the account as if it's your Mom's. 

Noel_Flantier
Tutor
Tutor

Changing the router (that doesn't have to be wireless btw) to which the base station is connecter doesn't matter.
You can even do it with your own account and then just Reset (paperclip in the reset hole + finger on the sync BS button) the whole system. You'll be able to start again from the begining at your mom's house without any problem

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation