Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jrw46
Apprentice
Apprentice

A few weeks ago I was able to set the zone of motion.  Now I can't find the menu option....

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @jrw46,

Are you referring to Activity Zones? Which Arlo camera are you referring to?

jrw46
Apprentice
Apprentice

The original 'ad' offered two Arlo wire-free camera and one netgear modom.

The Zone control allowed me to draw a box around the area I want to watch for motion and start recording. You can add more then one zone area. Another example would be to watch my U.S. mailbox, so I could draw a box around the mailbox. Motion outside the box would be ignored.

I remember there was a menu link which allowed drawing zone areas.

I asumed you could add as many zone boxesCapture.JPG

I remember the link location was kind of difficult to find. Now I can't find this link anywhere. And yes, I guess you could call this option a 'Activity Zone'

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for clarifying. Do you have an Arlo Smart subscription? The activity zones will work with the Arlo Wire-Free camera if you have subscription. You can read here about it: How do I set up the Arlo Smart cloud activity zones?

Otherwise, activity zones will work with Arlo Q, Arlo Q Plus, Arlo Baby, or Arlo Pro 2. You can read more about it here: What are activity zones and how do I create them for my Arlo Q, Arlo Q Plus, Arlo Baby, or Arlo Pro ...

jrw46
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm not sure what I have. In anycase I haven;t changed anything from day one, about 2 years ago...  The odd thing is that I had a link that was called ZONE, clicking on it I was able to draw area called zones..  I actually drew three boxes...  The next time I went back to the camera control panel the link called 'zone' was gone... In anycase at this point I'm not sure if my areas are still programed..  If I move the cameras the zones settiongs may interfere.  Why did the ZONE link disapear, or why can't I find it..??  I'll have to check if I have a subscription.  Are subscriptions free or a charge>?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If using the app, it's called Activity Zones in the camera settings under Video. On the web, it's under Video Settings. Do you have that?

It helps to know what you do have. You're the one who can look in your subscription to verify what you have, such as Arlo Smart. If you don't have Smart, nothing will work for zones - maybe you had a free trial previously?