Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

when is netgear going to add other routers to its list of 2?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
nick1802
Tutor
Tutor

Hey all,

i no that the arlo has its own base station and have just introdused that the nighthawk R7000 can now be a base station.

my question is when will they add this to more of there routers/modem-routers?  

As i have the D7000 and would like to take down the arlo 1. dont know about most ppl but mine is sitting on top of my modem-router when the router should be able to do this as the router only version can so why not the modem-router?

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There has to be additional hardware to do this.  Software isn't sufficient.

nick1802
Tutor
Tutor

As far as I can tell the D7000 is very simuler to the R7000 with the exception of that it has a modem as well.

R7000 think came out end of 2013 and D7000 i think was mid 2015

when arlo to my knowledge was around the end of 2014.

with that said i would have thought the D7000 would be more likey to beable to surport it then the R7000

but everything i think i know are assumptions from what i have read

SimonF
Guide
Guide

@Arlo - Are you able to respond to this ?  Is it a hardware or software limitation.

I am currently a sky BB user and have real issues circumventing the standard hardware supplied.  The solution was the D7000 as it has an inbuilt modem (something the R7000 does not have)

I would love to bin the Arlo base station and give me back some space in my house whilst been greener for the environment.

SimonF
Guide
Guide

FYI - so to my mind it should be in the pipeline 

Brian Paulo: The difference of these devices is that the D7000 is intended for DSL type of connection and the R7000 is a plain router.
Brian Paulo: The D7000 modem router has 1 DSL port while the R7000 router does not have.
Simon Fisher: so other than that ...
Simon Fisher: Nothing specifically the R7000 has above and beyond what the D7000 has ?
Brian Paulo: Yes, Simon.
Simon Fisher: Perfect thanks ....

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SimonF,

While I don't have any information on which products may have this capability in the future, it is a great idea. I encourage you to visit the Arlo Idea Exchange and post there or kudo to support existing threads on this topic.

JamesC