Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
nick1802
Tutor
Tutor

Hey all,

i no that the arlo has its own base station and have just introdused that the nighthawk R7000 can now be a base station.

my question is when will they add this to more of there routers/modem-routers?  

As i have the D7000 and would like to take down the arlo 1. dont know about most ppl but mine is sitting on top of my modem-router when the router should be able to do this as the router only version can so why not the modem-router?

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There has to be additional hardware to do this.  Software isn't sufficient.

nick1802
Tutor
Tutor

As far as I can tell the D7000 is very simuler to the R7000 with the exception of that it has a modem as well.

R7000 think came out end of 2013 and D7000 i think was mid 2015

when arlo to my knowledge was around the end of 2014.

with that said i would have thought the D7000 would be more likey to beable to surport it then the R7000

but everything i think i know are assumptions from what i have read

SimonF
Guide
Guide

@Arlo - Are you able to respond to this ?  Is it a hardware or software limitation.

I am currently a sky BB user and have real issues circumventing the standard hardware supplied.  The solution was the D7000 as it has an inbuilt modem (something the R7000 does not have)

I would love to bin the Arlo base station and give me back some space in my house whilst been greener for the environment.

SimonF
Guide
Guide

FYI - so to my mind it should be in the pipeline 

Brian Paulo: The difference of these devices is that the D7000 is intended for DSL type of connection and the R7000 is a plain router.
Brian Paulo: The D7000 modem router has 1 DSL port while the R7000 router does not have.
Simon Fisher: so other than that ...
Simon Fisher: Nothing specifically the R7000 has above and beyond what the D7000 has ?
Brian Paulo: Yes, Simon.
Simon Fisher: Perfect thanks ....

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SimonF,

While I don't have any information on which products may have this capability in the future, it is a great idea. I encourage you to visit the Arlo Idea Exchange and post there or kudo to support existing threads on this topic.

JamesC