Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

video quality is diminished upon firmware updating arlo wire-free camera

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
brainpicnic
Aspirant
Aspirant

After the firmware upgrade one of my cameras won't shoot in infrared mode even though it is on. The live video quality is greatly reduced, grainy and greyscale even during the day. Going full screen with the live video gives me a half screen of a zoomed view, about 50%. I've reset the one camera and it still isn't working as good as it did before. Can I roll back my firmware so this works good again?

I've attached a sample of the sucky video I've got, after getting used to HD quality.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brainpicnic
Aspirant
Aspirant

Removed the camera from devices, then re added. Both cameras online working as normal. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
brainpicnic
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, interface cut off my attachment, here it is. well I guess its not going to let me upload it. Oh well.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @brainpicnic,

Have you tried to change the video quality to "Best Video" to see if the video quality improves? Do know if you do change to "Best Video," it may drain the battery faster. You can change the video quality here: How do I get better picture quality from my Arlo camera?

brainpicnic
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well that 5 second adventure into best video drained my battery by 5%. Sorry for being frustrated but I'm tired of these companies rolling out what is essentially alpha versions that don't work. I'm a little too busy to troubleshoot for all these gadgets and I bought the product so it just needs to work, find your own beta testing guinea pigs.

Here are the symptoms caused by the firmware update: camera is zoomed, picture quality is degraded, night vision does not appear to work, on live view I get half a screen of very grainy video. During daytime the camera does capture movement and gives a decent recording, but it's zoomed. I have two cameras, the other one is working correctly. 

brainpicnic
Aspirant
Aspirant

Spoke too soon, now the other camera is popping offline, so I gotta go out and uninstall it and pair it with the router again. 

brainpicnic
Aspirant
Aspirant

Removed the camera from devices, then re added. Both cameras online working as normal.