Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

video counts is zero but there are many videos

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 11 In Conversation
jbs1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just recently I noticed on the camera page it shows zero when in fact there are many videos to view in the library. This is affecting all 4 of my wireless cameras inside & out.I unplugged the base for a minute and plugged it back in with no change. Has anyone else had this happen? Thanks 🙂

31 REPLIES 31
jbs1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had an update on my phone app and it seems to load MUCH faster! Sometimes I see a video count & sometimes I don't. Is everyone seeing this!

randomguru
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm seeing video counts. Then at times it's 'zero'ed out.

Question:  Is the video count going to show...

1. All videos for a particular camera (that haven't been deleted yet)?

2. Videos that haven't been viewed yet?

jbs1
Apprentice
Apprentice

1. All videos for a particular camera (that haven't been deleted yet)? Yes, this is what my system used to show!

2. Videos that haven't been viewed yet?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The mods have said that the current strategy is for the counter to show the number of videos since the last visit to the library. If you use the library tab, the counters reset back to 0. They also seemed to be saying that this was an interim fix to show something in the counters and maybe another update would be coming. I don't know this for sure so someone from Arlo would have to set me straight.

randomguru
Aspirant
Aspirant

okay. that's what i thought. as it would make sense to set whatever counter for a given camera the TOTAL COUNT of existing videos.  so I'm trying to understand whether it's a count for today's videos, but I double-check and the video count for the current day is inaccurate too.

hope they sort it all out soon...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As jguerdat describes above the Arlo Team is committed to further optimizing this feature in the future. You can find the full intention of its current behavior here: Arlo media counter optimized

Thank you,

JamesC

jbs1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the link above to help explain the goals of the arlo organization. I always liked the counter to show all videos recorded, new & old. I hope Arlo can get back to that and be consistent in what it does.