Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

aaronawk
Follower
Follower
hello, i'm not sure where to go for help. i've been troubleshooting for hours and also have looked extensively online for help. our cameras are not working at all, no motion, no going live. i've reset the arlo base, removed batteries, reset wifi, removed a device and then added it back. NOTHING HAS WORKED. firmware version is 1.3.314 and there are no available updates. we bought our cameras a few years ago so I believe we have the original Arlo wireless cameras.
190 REPLIES 190
mikej04
Star
Star

This is very disappointing. I can accept a few hours of a service interruption of this scale but not this length of time.

My Arlo's will be replaced with something more reliable.

Got11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Agreed. I may do the same

mikej04
Star
Star

This is a known issue on Arlo's end with no ETA on a fix.

My cameras have been down for 48 hours.

mikej04
Star
Star

This is due to a widespread service interruption on Arlo’s end.  My cameras have not been functioning for over 48 hours now.

Tech support is unable to provide me with an estimated time of restoration.

mikej04
Star
Star

This is due to a widespread service interruption on Arlo’s end.  My cameras have not been functioning for over 48 hours now.

Tech support is unable to provide me with an estimated time of restoration.

outofsync
Guide
Guide

Ditto!  Dump and replace seems like the only option. Arlo has worked solid until now and the foreign tech support doesn't fully understand issues when I call.  There should be an "offline" option so you can view the cameras via WiFi without going through their "media servers".  Netgear - FIX THIS!

mgbnet
Apprentice
Apprentice

I logged in to the Arlo portal tonight and received a message that there was a new firmware update for my Arlo Basestation (VMB3010r2).

I clicked on the update button and waited for the base station to update and come back online. The base station came back up and showed three green lights (power, internet and camera) but still showed as offline in the portal,

I tried cycling power on the base station and it still showed as offline in the portal, even though it had the three green lights.

I removed the device from my Arlo account and re-added it. It's now back online and the motion detection is successfully recording video clips. However, the live feed from the cameras is still not available as it still says "A firmware update is required for your base station and camera" and has the "Update Base Station" button. Going in to the Settings for the base station also shows me that a firmware update is available.

The weird bit is that the Arlo Portal says my base station is running firmware version 1.12.2.0_2790 with a release date of 3/25/2019.

The release notes for the latest firmware says the latest is 1.12.2.0_2790, released on 4/19/2019. 

So, did the firmware not successfully update? If so, how do I fix that?

Did the 4/19 release of the firmware have the same version number as the 3/25 release? This seems odd...

And how do I get my live view of the cameras back....?

mgbnet
Apprentice
Apprentice

I was just posting a similar message. I get the message that there is a firmware update available for my base station on the Arlo Devices web page and I can't see the live view from the cameras.

However, I am already running firmware version 1.12.2.0_2790 but with a release date of 3/25. The new firmware appears to have the same version number but the release date of 4/19, according to the release notes post.

Would love to know how to fix this....

Qjhn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Frustration without any support whatsoever from Arlo. Not even on these communities, no Arlos representatives responded.
Adoni
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have done a little research and realized that the reason why alot of users have complained about not being able to stream live video recently is because there is a current bug on the last firmware for the base station. I have looked through the most recent updates which have been pushed on base stations and have noticed that it is different from what mine shows currently. Yet when you attempt to do an update manually, it tells you there are no recent updates available. Its important to note that not having the most recent firmware updates would not prevent recordings and motion sensors from working. You would only not be able to stream video live on demand, which still sucks. Now it could only mean that some regions in the world are not receiving the most recent updates from Netgear because Netgear is not pushing it via OTP to those regions. If that fact stands then I believe this is pure discrimination and enough reason to throw the device in the bin and move on with other more liberal products. But of course, that would not stop me from expressing my discontent with Arlo on several sensitive social media platforms.

I have sent 3 complaints now and I am yet to get a single response from the support team. So I decided to share my pain in the community. Little wonder if they really have any solution to this goof. I
would be taking drastic steps on my fourth and final complaint to Arlo support and I am certain that it would cause some attention. I have given Arlo support only 48hrs from today to respond.
BaldChelton
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have exactly the same problem!

@Gwatts wrote:
My system went offline. I rebooted the main and it came back up and shows the cameras on the app. When I click on the camera to connect it just keeps circling and doesn’t connect. Any Ideas what to do now?

Tonymit
Aspirant
Aspirant
Spoiler
Spoiler
When will the Arlo cloud be back on line?
Coni68
Tutor
Tutor

Anybody from Arlo Team could comment it? It looks as an issue affecting many, if not all, users for longer than 24 hours.

cjtriolo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for replying to this! (And thanks to everyone else who replied below as well).   I'm glad it wasn't just me, I tried everything. That's 2-3 hours of my life I'll never get back.  

My best guess was that the probelm was on their side.  I opened a tech support case, which went unresolved.  I'm not sure if they're even working on it.  I'm hoping with all of these other reports, they will prioritize it.  

Just like everyone, it was sometime after midnight on Thursday night (4/18) the outage started.  So it's been down for 2 full days now, going into the 3rd (still not working on Sunday morning).   I'm totally bummed! 

cjtriolo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same. I did all the things you did as well.  Still down Sunday morning.  

cjtriolo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Me too!  There's many of us with this problem.  I wish Arlo Support would repsond... Even just a "we are working on it"...

Coni68
Tutor
Tutor

I fully agree. Arlo is no any longer my recommended security provider based on this experience. I understand that they might have technical issues but not providing any announcement and expected resolution time is a shame. Many people are wasting time by restarts, resynchs etc. due to lack of information from Arlo side.

Myá
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, I’m having some trouble with my Arlo device. For a few days there has been a notification stuck on the screen saying “A firmware update is available for your device” and I have no idea what to do or how to get rid of it. Help!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Go into settings... you should see a notice by the camera or base as to an update.

If it is an app and just doesn't go away, force stop the app and restart ( or uninstall and install )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
milton_mike
Guide
Guide

I heard someone in my garage at 4:30am this morning. I opened the ARLO app and was relieved to see that Arlo was ARMED however there were no recordings and I could not live stream from the camera.

I reset my Comcast router and the Arlo basestation - still no joy. I logged into the arlo.com website and that's when I receved the "There was a problem establishing a connection to the media server".

I have 18 cameras, none of them can be accessed.

I called support and they tell me that this is a known problem and has been for 3-days.  WTF - no email or phone calls to let me know that my security system is down. Liability.

Netgear has turned my 18--camera investment into a pile of junk and repeatedly told me during my support phone call that there will be no refund or credit for my service.

I need a better answer and an escalation please.

oh, thankfully the person in my garage was my wife.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As others have stated...if running a Pro/Pro2 with base, check the USB backup as they have had recordings there.

( which is how the system is supposed to work if internet is down )

Morse is faster than texting!
milton_mike
Guide
Guide

When I contacted support this morning they told me the issue has been going for three (3) days now. I only started experiencing the issue yesterday morning (no recordings but there should have been). Unfortunately I only became aware of the failure at 4:30am this morning when I heard noises coming from my garage. That's when I could not access live streaming and noticed there had been no recordings (even though the system was armed).

Can you believe support wanted to ask me a dozen questions about my phone but had nothing to say about Netgear's media servers being out of service - and refused to provide a credit for my service (I have a 20 camera subscription).

Did you receive any kind of proactive notification from Netgear or Arlo that your system may be out-of-service? I didn't.

Mike.

mgreivell
Aspirant
Aspirant
as of the 17th of April I am unable to connect cameras on my phone
abebaby24
Guide
Guide

this is inexusable.  they escalated my case two days ago and no response. how can we rely on these cameras when the company that provides the cameras and service do not take their customers security serious? complete bull****

abebaby24
Guide
Guide

this is inexusable.  they escalated my case two days ago and no response. how can we rely on these cameras when the company that provides the cameras and service do not take their customers security serious? complete bull****