Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

aaronawk
Follower
Follower
hello, i'm not sure where to go for help. i've been troubleshooting for hours and also have looked extensively online for help. our cameras are not working at all, no motion, no going live. i've reset the arlo base, removed batteries, reset wifi, removed a device and then added it back. NOTHING HAS WORKED. firmware version is 1.3.314 and there are no available updates. we bought our cameras a few years ago so I believe we have the original Arlo wireless cameras.
190 REPLIES 190
blackice9
Initiate
Initiate

I'm having the same issue. Lost all video and recording since 4/19/19. 

Here is what I tried unsuccessfully:

Powered down the router and base station - no result

Reset the router and base station - no result

Removed batteries from all cameras 

Reset base station to factory default

Removed all cameras and base station from app

Reinstalled all cameras and base station according to directions 

This time the cameras appear in the device menu but I can't see any live video and it's not recording

I can see a picture of the new camera position/view by navigating:

Camera 1 - Settings - Video Settings 

When I go back to the device menu and click the cameras for a live view - nothing

No results on the iphone - "The data failed to connect. Please try again"

No results on website - "There was a problem connecting to the media server"

Im so frustrated - I've spent hours on this and tried tech support but with 19 people ahead of me, decided I couldn't spend anymore time.  Might downgrade my package back to free and sell these cameras for something reliable.

thekid67
Guide
Guide

Please let me know if you hear anything...

Thanks 

EV_Enthusiast
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine is finally back up and running. Just kept resetting the base station.
rchild128
Initiate
Initiate

Hi, I'm as of 2 days ago I my cameras won't connect. They are synced with the base station and all I get is the "connecting" status on my app, but they won't connect. When I go on the Arlo site to view cameras I get the message "there was a problem establishing a connection to the media server". I have tried everything except resetting to factory defaults to get my system back online. Does anyone have any idea what's going on reference to this issue? I have had the system for about 3 months and it worked perfectly until just 2 days ago.

TestUser617373
Initiate
Initiate

I am seeing the same issue and have for the last 24 hours.  Neither of my camera types (Gen 1 regular and Gen 1 Pro) will record or show a live feed.  It is not connectivity out of my network and I checked multiple DNS servers for arlo.netagear.com and the results are the same.  I already rebooted everything and the kitchen sink with no resolution.

WyattMac
Aspirant
Aspirant
Has anyone received any information on this server connection error many of us are having
Mcx1235
Initiate
Initiate
Yep, same problem here. Have 5 first gen cameras, no motion detection on any of the cameras. Also can not force a manual connection to any cameras. Have reset control unit, reset cameras, removed and reattached camera, no difference.
LamX
Guide
Guide
I am saving same issue. Attempted to chat and email but unavailable- likely be because it’s the weekend. Did factory reset, resynced all cameras, all showing connected. Lights on base station all green. I have an Arlo Q sending feed on same internet/network with no issue so know it is not my connection. Hoping it’s something with their server that will be addressed soon but will attempt to contact them again Monday. Product only 5 months old and says no firmware update needed.
thekid67
Guide
Guide

LamX

Very frustrating I know....

Gwatts
Tutor
Tutor
My system went offline. I rebooted the main and it came back up and shows the cameras on the app. When I click on the camera to connect it just keeps circling and doesn’t connect. Any Ideas what to do now?
SneakerPimp
Initiate
Initiate
I got thru to chat support. The problem is on there end! They had to start a trouble ticket for me. And they’ll get back to me.
Gwatts
Tutor
Tutor

My cameras are not connecting, how to I contact arlo

@JessicaP wrote:

Hi @Almode,

I have sent you a private message to gather more information from you. Hope to hear from you soon.

Gwatts
Tutor
Tutor
My camera’s are not connecting. I’ve rebooted system and still noting. Batteries are good.
ant
Mentor
Mentor

@TestUser617373 wrote:

I am seeing the same issue and have for the last 24 hours.  Neither of my camera types (Gen 1 regular and Gen 1 Pro) will record or show a live feed.  It is not connectivity out of my network and I checked multiple DNS servers for arlo.netagear.com and the results are the same.  I already rebooted everything and the kitchen sink with no resolution.

I had the same problem with my Pro 2. I couldn't even reboot its base station remotely! I had to physically press its power button off and on to power cycle it. It works now. Sheesh! Weird that a power cycle didn't work for you. Did you also try unplugging and replugging its power cable?

ant
Mentor
Mentor

@JustJeff2 wrote:
I called tech support and after unplugging the base unit for a full 10 seconds (I did not disconnect the network cable) and plugging back in again all systems were go. Mind you I had restarted 3 times remotely and even unplugged once before. It’s been working since though.

Are you sure the reboot happened remotely? I noticed my Pro 2's base station's lights were not even doing their boot ups. It never rebooted when I tried twice. I had to physically press its rear power button to reboot and fix it. 😞

fresno
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cameras still down I have tried everything!😣

alan-v
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've tried all of these re-set options but there is still "no connection to the media server".  Tech support, are you listening???

siquimo
Aspirant
Aspirant
model vmc 3030 a set of 4,
Got11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Base has 3 green lights.

Tried the browser, as with the app I can see all cameras but when i try to watch live i get the error:

"there was a problem establishing a connection to the media server"

The cameras have also not been detecting sound or movement for the last 24 hrs

fresno
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have not heard anything my cameras have been off all day. I have tried everything still not working.

mikej04
Star
Star

I have the exact same issue.  My Arlo cameras have not been working for the last two days (Friday 4/19 and Saturday 4/2019) .  I can connect to the base station remotley, I just can't view the cameras and motion recordings are not happening.

I have ruled out connectivity (packet captures, firewall logs, signal strength, are all good).

I opened a case with Arlo chat support Friday and nothing has ben done.

I came to rely on these cameras as part of my homes security posture and was considering upgrading to the latest version and after this experience I most definatly won't.  

I can accept a service interupption of a few hours but were up to 48 hours now.

Arlo was attractive because it did not require a subscription like Nest, but after this experience I can't rely on Arlo.

I am under the impression Arlo runs a lot of it's infrastrucutre out of AWS.  With cloud technology where its at this doesn't cut it.

mikej04
Star
Star

This seems to be an issue on Arlo's end.  My cameras have been having the same problem for the last two days.  Arlo will not provide a estimated time of service restoration.

mikej04
Star
Star

I am experiencing the same issue and have been for the last 48 hours.

This is a problem on Arlo's end and Arlo support is unable to provide me with a estmated time of restoration.

Got11
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks for your reply.

this is very dissapointing and concerning that this issue stops the whole system from working.

lets hope they fix is soon.,

mikej04
Star
Star

This is most likely due to a wide spread outage that Arlo is currently experiencing.  My cameras have not been functioning for the last 48 hours.  The fault is on Arlo's end, not my system or network.