Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

aaronawk
Follower
Follower
hello, i'm not sure where to go for help. i've been troubleshooting for hours and also have looked extensively online for help. our cameras are not working at all, no motion, no going live. i've reset the arlo base, removed batteries, reset wifi, removed a device and then added it back. NOTHING HAS WORKED. firmware version is 1.3.314 and there are no available updates. we bought our cameras a few years ago so I believe we have the original Arlo wireless cameras.
190 REPLIES 190
Spence8929
Tutor
Tutor
I’m having the same issue! Started after the latest firmware update. They need to figure out a fix ASAP. I’ve restarted and even removed and reinstalled everything from app and still having the same issue.
JustJeff2
Initiate
Initiate
I called tech support and after unplugging the base unit for a full 10 seconds (I did not disconnect the network cable) and plugging back in again all systems were go. Mind you I had restarted 3 times remotely and even unplugged once before. It’s been working since though.
Gambino
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did. I've had 4 cams well over a year & also set up my Mom's with no issues.
fresno
Aspirant
Aspirant
G No connection to media server????
Spence8929
Tutor
Tutor
It’s both with tech team. My problem is resolved by doing a factory reset on my base station. We will see how long it lasts.
ccapitan
Aspirant
Aspirant
My system has been working with out issue up unitl the other day. Issue: No cameras will display video any longer. The last time movement was recorded was when it stopped working. I can watch previously recorded video. Troubleshooting: Power cycling cameras: Through app & removed battery Power cycling Base: Through app, using power button, and removing the power cord Removed camera and resynched: manually and via app I see all camera’s but when trying to view video nothing display except the last motion detected (when it stopped working) No error’s on the Base station LED or the app Same issue on two different iPhones Equipment: Arlo Base: Model: VMB400r3 Firmware: 1.12.2.0_2794 Arlo Camera: Models: H8 (Pro) & H4 (Pro2) Firmware: H4 1.125.13.0_31717 H8 1.092.0.19_26228
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Usu, when Live video doesn't work, It's a FLASH issue.

Have you upgrade anything lately ? ( many new prgms toggle off flash as default )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ccapitan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue on MAC using Safari, and Chrome, as well as my iPhone and my wifes iPhone.

ccapitan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can watch previously recorded video.

ccapitan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue on this thread 

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Arlo-Pro2-Cameras-not-showing-live-view-Media-Server-Error/...

@Support anyone reading these similiar issues? Sounds like firmware issue bug.

thekid67
Guide
Guide

Having exact same issue...did everything you did to no avail..need answers

JKFAM
Initiate
Initiate

It appears there was an update yesterday to firmware update 1.12.2.0_2790, since then none of my cameras are working. Any suggestions? 

Already tried rebooting internet, basestations, and re-syncing the cameras and nothing is working. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the base LEDs showing?  Have you tried rebooting the router and base, in that order? Have you tried a browser?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the base LEDs showing? Should be 3 green ones.

It may be fastest to reset the system and start fresh. Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Use the Add Device selection on the Devices tab to claim the base. Sync the cameras. Update firmware as you go if propted.

Brad99
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo hub occasionally goes offline. When I am home, I reset it by unplugging it and plugging it back in. However, when I am away, I can’t do that. Are there any solutions for getting the hub back online remotely? Alternatively, does anyone know of a reasonable priced outlet that can be turned on and off remotely via the internet? Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Consider a UPS for your modem, router and base. In addition, you can use any WiFi switch such as WeMo (there are many others).

Ahmet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems like arlo and netgear are having issues 

My base station is down at the moment and I cant seem to get it going. 

Things I've tried 

Updated firmwire which literally takes forever and a day and doesn't notify you when it's been done 

Then my base station shows as offline 

I've tried restarting rebooting and reloading cams on to a new base station  but because of this firmwire crap it wont detect anything 

If there is anyone that can help me because arlo seem like there on a long holiday and are not replying to anything 

outofsync
Guide
Guide

I have tried everything!!  Most frustrated with Netgear ARLO.  I still cannot connect to my cameras via the mobile app nor online.

WhisperAutumn
Star
Star

We are having some of the same issues, except video is extremely blurry and choppy. Recordings are also only about 10 to 12 seconds long. Arlo seems to like to mess a good thing up with these updates they do.

outofsync
Guide
Guide

I just spoke with "tech" support.  They know abou the issue and are working to resolve it.  Sad that our cameras rely on an external connection to work!!

outofsync
Guide
Guide

I just spoke with "tech" support.  They know about the issue and are working to resolve it.  Sad that our cameras rely on an external connection to work!!

LamX
Guide
Guide
Having same issue- Cameras appears connected - shows battery fully charged when I switch out batteries but won’t connect. I’ve done full reset and re-synced cameras. Everything connects in app by unable to get video and get same message as OP.
altoona
Initiate
Initiate

unplugged my hub (vmb3500) twice brfore media server issue went away

thekid67
Guide
Guide

Same here..went thru all the recommendations reset, cleared ,added devices, etc. and still same issue.  Base has all three solid green lights, camera's connected (synced) to base, full battery-but get same error with no video... 

SneakerPimp
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue.  

And I've tried reaching out to Arlo via chat and email and both do not work!  Just left hanging here for a supposed security system.  There status page says everything is up and running.... but appears to not be when I browse all the comments on here.

Anyone have an email address for Arlo support?