Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
cnorborg
Follower
Follower

Not much more I can say, when I click on the bullseye icon for record, it pops up a requester that says "timezone_error" and does nothing.

I believe the system auto-detected that I'm in the MST timezone.  I can't find anywhere to change that or check on it.

Any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cnorborg,

You can change your time zone by navigating to Settings and then to Base Station Settings. You'll find a drop down where you can select the appropriate time zone.

Could you upload a screenshot of the error message you are receiving when trying to record? If you could also include what browser, version, and device you are using that would also help us in identifying the issue.

JamesC

j_r_n
Apprentice
Apprentice

When pressing the camera, I'm getting a timezone_error. I tried following your instructions but when I try to access the Base Station Settings, I just get the "Please wait..." dialog box and it never goes away. This is the first time I've tried to save a picture since the time changed. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

j_r_n,

Consider a restart of the base station by pressing the on/off button on the back. Allow the base station to come back online and see if you get the same results when trying to live stream or access the base station settings.

Please let us know!

JamesC

j_r_n
Apprentice
Apprentice

Cannot physically access the base as it is remote. The problem resolved itself this morning.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

j_r_n,

Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear the problem is resolved. If you encounter any additional problems or have any other questions or concerns please don't hesitate to return to the community for help.

Thank you!

JamesC

DavyWavyGravy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi , I just had the same issue - so my camera was showing a message of Timezone_error

When I tried to go into Base Station Setting it appeared to hang

Turning the power off and on addressed the symptoms of the issue but clearly not the underlying cause

JamesC wrote:

j_r_n,

Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear the problem is resolved. If you encounter any additional problems or have any other questions or concerns please don't hesitate to return to the community for help.

Thank you!

JamesC

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Just got the same error here, but it fixed itself in about 5 minutes after the error happened.

Uturungu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi!

Are there any updates on resolving this timezone error issue please?

It was so frustrating today. I had a trespasser on my property and I wanted to record him but this maddening error popped up. It didn't clear itself for about 5 minutes and the opportunity to film this guy was gone.

I run my internet connection through a VPN...does that matter?

Any information to prevent this happening again would be really appreciated as I know this guy is going to come back again.

Thank you

Utu

nsacrewsin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue, however when I go to my settings there is no option for base station settings. Any idea on how I should navigate this issue? Thanks in advance,

-Sean

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Use Settings, My Devices and click on your base. Tnje timezone setting is in there. If you're not using the master accpouybutba guest account instead, that setting may not be available to you.
jlkansascity
Guide
Guide

I am getting the timezone_error when attemting to capture an image from a live camera.

On my PC

using Chrome.

There is some bad information in this thread; I have NO WAY to get to "settings" on the base. I only have the following options; 

settings / click on base, then I only have NAME and FLICKER ADJUSTMENT and then "Device Info" which only includes serial #.

There is nothing in here to allow time zone settings. 

arlo.JPG

jlkansascity
Guide
Guide

I rebooted my device and now the error is gone. This is a workaround, not a solution. It would be great if the underlying issue were tracked down and resolved. I still don't see any way to set time zone settings in the online site. 

I am on my work pc which VPNs traffic through Texas even though I reside in CA and all the Arlo is in CA. I wonder if this is a contributing factor.