Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
willbebad
Follower
Follower

Do your company sell rechargeable batteries? If not what do you suggest? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would like to thank you for your posts and contributions! I want to make sure you take a look at an article outlining best practices when it comes to batteries. For those involved in this discussion I encourage you to review Remember these golden rules for your Arlo camera batteries along with BATTERY WARNINGS AND SAFETY.

We strongly recommend using one of the following types of batteries:

• The non-rechargeable batteries supplied with your Arlo Wire-Free cameras
  • Tenergy Li-Ion RCR123A 3.7V 650mAh rechargeable batteries specifically marked “Works with Arlo”
  • Non-rechargeable batteries from other high quality, established, well-known manufacturers such as Panasonic®, Energizer®, or Duracell®

NEVER try to recharge the C123A batteries that came with your Arlo camera as they are non-rechargeable.

Thank you for sharing! 

JamesC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Netgear does not sell or recommend using rechargeables at this point...

But that said, other users and myself do and there are long threads on this , if you don't want to read it all ( it is recommended ) at least read the last couple pages

two things... don't buy china junk cells and buy a very good charger

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Buying-Options-Tips/Rechargeable-batteries-for-use-with-Arlo-camera...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I would like to thank you for your posts and contributions! I want to make sure you take a look at an article outlining best practices when it comes to batteries. For those involved in this discussion I encourage you to review Remember these golden rules for your Arlo camera batteries along with BATTERY WARNINGS AND SAFETY.

We strongly recommend using one of the following types of batteries:

• The non-rechargeable batteries supplied with your Arlo Wire-Free cameras
  • Tenergy Li-Ion RCR123A 3.7V 650mAh rechargeable batteries specifically marked “Works with Arlo”
  • Non-rechargeable batteries from other high quality, established, well-known manufacturers such as Panasonic®, Energizer®, or Duracell®

NEVER try to recharge the C123A batteries that came with your Arlo camera as they are non-rechargeable.

Thank you for sharing! 

JamesC

gaheyrman34
Star
Star

I have tried regular batteries, which are short lived. So I purchased the charger and five sets of four each of the "NITECORE RC123A 3.7V 650mAH NL166. They last at least two months on a recharge. They are not cheap but in the long run will pay off.