Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
dns
Star
Star

How can the base be re-booted remotely? Is that what the "restart" button is in the app? If not, what does the "restart" button do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup, you got it. "Restart" = reboot.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup, you got it. "Restart" = reboot.

dns
Star
Star

tfunkster200
Guide
Guide
I have an Android, my cameras keep going offline and I am monitoring a caregiver for my father i n law. I need to reboot now, remotely! This has to be done ever few days while at home. (No I don't have interference, and my bandwith down & upstream is steady) where do I find the "restart" button on my app???
tfunkster200
Guide
Guide

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

tfunkster200 wrote:
I have an Android, (..)  where do I find the "restart" button on my app???

Settings -> My Devices -> [Your Base Station Name] -> Restart Button.

Note that [Your Base Station Name] stands for the name of your base station, which - by default - is its serial number or whatever other name you gave it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, try a browser. You can do this even on the phone if you tell the browser to request the desktop version. Chrome does this by using the browser menu (3 vertical dots, top right).

tfunkster200
Guide
Guide
I do not have a restart button. It shows my base station , then under that, a list of the 5 cameras. If there was a way on here to attach a screen shot I would. I have very limited function with this system it seems on my app, most is all in gray. My videos do not store on "the cloud" If the base station is off, I can't access my library. My library does not record after 7 days unless I go and delete at least a full days worth of clips and that is one by one! Then having to reboot every few days so my cameras stay online or to get them to record! Could I be dealing with a software issue?? Thoughts???
tfunkster200
Guide
Guide
Ok, I am poking around more, I thought the "button" was in plain site under or by the serial/base name, not used it. So, I found it. Thank you!! Now I will go to another spot about the cloud???
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

tfunkster200 wrote:
I have very limited function with this system it seems on my app, most is all in gray.

You mean the videos are in gray? That's night vision. During the day they should be in color.

tfunkster200 wrote:
My videos do not store on "the cloud" If the base station is off, I can't access my library.

You should never turn off the base station, otherwise your system cannot be armed. In fact, you will drain the cameras' batteries quicker that way, because they are using more power to try to connect to the base station. So, they are in constant search mode which wastes battery power. Leave the base station on 24/7.

tfunkster200 wrote:
My library does not record after 7 days unless I go and delete at least a full days worth of clips and that is one by one! Then having to reboot every few days so my cameras stay online or to get them to record! Could I be dealing with a software issue?? Thoughts???

How many clips do you have per day? Rougly what is your total recording time of video clips per day? If you use the web interface, you can select all videos of one day and delete them in one operation. I'm not sure what's going that you can't record after 7 days. That should not happen. You should never run out of space.