Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

"Your Arlo app requires an update to continue" but no update available.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Topher_G
Initiate
Initiate

When I use the app it states "Your Arlo app requires an update to continue" then takes me to the App Store where all I can do is "Open" not update so it takes me right back to "Your Arlo app requires an update to continue". How do I get our of this vicous cycle?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you are having trouble getting the update, uninstall your Arlo mobile app and download a fresh version from the app store. Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Delete the app and then go to the store and install.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JosephineB
Tutor
Tutor

Yeah, me too.  Just started today.   Very annoying.   What's going on with the app that it's calling for a non-existent update?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you are having trouble getting the update, uninstall your Arlo mobile app and download a fresh version from the app store. Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC

GeordieDan
Star
Star

I had this today - when you get taken to the app store (and see the "open" button) just click on the "updates" button in the bottom right. You'll see a list of all the apps with an update available, and Arlo will be in the list. No need to delete anything 🙂 

Topher_G
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you community for your help. Deleting the app then reloading worked -- although I seemed to have lost my favorites but at least it's working again. Appreciate your help.