Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 14 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
lesahweist
Initiate
Initiate

Several times when I have been using my Arlo app I get logged out with the message, "You have been logged out because you signed in on another device", or something to that effect.  Problem is, the only two devices I have my Arlo account set up on are sitting right in front of me.  How do I stop this, and more importantly, how do I find the other device that keeps signing in?  I have not given my password or administrative rights to anyone.  I do not allow others to have any access to my Arlo system/devices.  Can you help?

15 REPLIES 15
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

This has been noted before, a thread on it.... Possibly a bug at times.

Put a trouble ticket into Netgear to see if they have a better answer.

As a PS , what devices and os / version would help

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

lesahweist,

You may see this error messaging if you have the Arlo mobile app running or open on the web client when you try to access from a different device. Please be sure to close all other instances of the Arlo app before launching on a different device to avoid this error.

If you have any reason to believe your password information may be compromised, we strongly encourage you to change your login password.

JamesC

JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
Changing the login password does not seem to resolve the problem. I only access the arlo app from my iPhone, have not shared passwords or access ever with anyone and yet my cameras are being accessed by another device. This is an expensive system that needs to work reliably. How can this be resolved?!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I see this every once in a while - not often.  I do access from multiple devices but in almost all cases am not twiddling around so that another device should be accessing.  I think it's not someone else that somehow has access but a weirdness in the system.  Opening a case would be the best way to try to nail this down for you since it seems to be happening to you on a regular basis. https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Mypylon
Initiate
Initiate
Is there a way two people can view the camera feeds at the same time from two different devices?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Yes. One person uses the master account login while the second one uses a guest account. Create that by using Settings, Grant Access to a different email address. Follow the directions in the invitation email and then log in using that new account.
texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice
It happens to me from time to time. Last time it happened, a couple of days ago, the message was in German. Very odd.
JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
Alarmingly, I have not shared those details with anyone or given them access. If anyone is accessing my account or cameras, it is without permission! Changing the password is not enough to stop them, which is the only suggestion I have received from support.
KatOkc
Guide
Guide
My comment was for arlo. Sorry I fell they read these.
KatOkc
Guide
Guide
My comment didn't post sorry I'm new to this. They have a major issue here. Someone has been signing into my account since day one and I'm the only person on it. It happened since the very beginning. The need notifications through email on every time it signs out with IP numbers of where it has been signed into.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I doubt anyone else is logging into your account but just in case, change your password. 

There's a variety of reasons that can explain why you get logged out.  One is certainly that someone else did gain access but for many/most people that's not likely. Who would really be interested enough to check out your videos?  Other possibilities are that you're using multiple devices or even multiple tabs on the same web browser to check things out and those devices/tabs are still active.  It's happened to me. Finally, I've had rare instances where I can't explain why I've been logged out but those are few and far between.

To be clear, you're saying that you're actually getting the message that you've been logged out due to someone else logging in, right?  The app and browser will automatically log you out after a timeout period of no activity (10 minutes or so).  That's normal.

KatOkc
Guide
Guide
I am getting a message stating that I was logged out while I was using the app on my cell.
It stated I was logged out because I was logged into another account while I was actively using it.
This has happened 3 time since I've been using the account even after changing the password.
I am the only one on the account and I have never shared access to it.
Thank you for your opinion, but I fell otherwise and that there needs to be an IP number attached to an email notification when this happens.
lesahweist
Initiate
Initiate

I have the VMB3010r2 base station and 4 Arlo pro wireless cameras, firmware 1.8.1.1_10234.  I got the Arlo's because I did not feel safe in my home.  I figured having four cameras that you could move around at will would help me capture what was going on at my house to help ease my fears.  Arlo's are okay if you're at work and you want to watch the dog, or make sure your kids aren't beating up on each other after school, or to check and see if the mailman left your package on the porch.  But if you're looking for security, real security, Arlo's are a complete fail.  I haven't gotten the "you've been signed out because you signed in on another device" message since i posted the question to this site and a couple people responded to it by email.  (If they have access to my Arlo's they have access to my emails.)  And that is the message I was getting, not to be confused with the "Pub/Sub not recognized" message when you time out.  I have not shared my Arlo access, password, sign in, or anything even vaguely related, with anyone. And I mean NO ONE.  Now, instead of risking signing onto my devices while I am using them, when "they" don't want the cameras to catch them in action, they just take them offline. Sometimes they don't even bother to do that.  When timed right, you can set off an Arlo camera without your image being captured before the camera starts to record.  So I get all these recordings at weird hours with nothing on them.  Sometimes right after I've checked the cameras then jumped in the shower, or right after I would have fallen asleep the night before, stuff like that.  Just a little reminder from them that someone is in my house and can get to me at any time.  Just in case I had convinced myself otherwise.  Sounds paranoid, I know.  Let me come to your house and I can show you how the cameras can be "fooled" or used as a tool against you.  I found out about the lag time on accident.  Then I went around to all four cameras and set them off without even one of them capturing me on the recordings.  So Arlo's are okay for casual security, but if you think they make you or your house secure, think again.  If someone wants to haunt you and keep you living on the scared side of life, Arlo's are the perfect tool for the stalker.  They have made it very clear my fears are warranted.  Any ideas on how to get them to stop?  I need someone with an expertise in catching and exposing a "someone" who doesn't want to be caught or exposed.  The cameras aren't doing it, and with each day that passes "they" get more brazen and I get more and more scared.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KatOkc, lesahweist

This message will occur if you have the Arlo application open on more than one device (or more than one instance of the application open on the same device). For example, if you log in to your Arlo account on your PC and then attempt to sign on to your mobile device, this message will occur.

If you believe for any reason someone has your password and is accessing your account without your permission, we recommend changing your password.

JamesC

KatOkc
Guide
Guide
Correct I figured that to be the case JamesC. I will continue to change passwords.
I knew upon seeing the notifications that my account had been compromised.

I'm one to research and have found many apps and websites that show people's security cameras and I knew these people wouldn't want these images and videos online.
I'm sure in time there will be more public knowledge.
My cameras cover entry's, walkways and other non personal areas of the home.

I like these for monitoring my home. The most you can do is call the police and if you own the video /audio camera start yelling onto it to get out of your home if you know someone has gained entry.

My video/audio is in my entry and it still picks up enough sound outside to set it off. Since purchasing cockatiels it's been to much and I have to turn it off unless I'm talking to them through it, they seem to really like this.

I actually called the police once on the undercover officers that were outside my home before a drug bust went down. Haha there were to many cars and traffic all of a sudden. People riding bikes, cars stopping and going. If was funny I knew something was not right on my street.

lesahweist,
These camera's are very sensitive.
I'm wondering if I should name the lady bug that keeps sending off one of my cameras for the last few weeks. I have no idea the lifespan of a ladybug but they definitely have routines.
When it's windy outside my cameras go off from any movement. On those day I'll shut those cameras off for a short time. I have butterfly videos, wasp video and enough cats to start a YouTube channel.

I'm sure your cameras are picking up other things and that you are safer than you know. The side view on these cameras are amazing. They start recording the instant someone or an animal walks into the range.
They are very sensitive, so please don't assume this is someone had gained entry into your home. I would hate to think you have added any unwarranted fear to an already uneasy situation.

Like I wrote before I and insects set mine off.