Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Scheduling the notifications

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DavidI
Follower
Follower

Good afternoon, all,

First, I love my Arlo setup. The viewing angle is great! However, the notifications blow my phone up like nothing else!  Is there a way to schedule the notifications to either be silent or off during the day (when my office, which is what they protect, is usually busy), and back on normally after business hours? I still want them to record when they detect motion (Always On) but I don't need to be getting a billion notifications all day on my phone!

I know I can turn the notifications off entirely, but that would defeat the purpose. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Davidl,

It sounds like you want to use 2 different modes within the Schedule feature to accomplish what you are describing.

The first mode would be a custom mode identical to the default "Armed" mode except with push notifications turned off. Schedule this as the active mode during times that you do not want to receive push notifications.

For instructions on creating a custom mode, see here: How do I create a new mode for my Arlo Wire-Free camera?

For all other times, schedule the default "Armed" mode.

JamesC

garnold
Aspirant
Aspirant

For retail business, I want to have the notifications / push alerts only active at night, after hours.  Can you think of a way to do that? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sure - see the message right before yours.  It's all about creating appropriate modes and rules and then using the schedule.

garnold
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply so quickly.

I want it to always record 24/7 when there is motion, but not send notifications during business hours.  I want it to ONLY send notifications at night and still record motion.  But I don't want to have to "remember" to log in and change to another mode every evening.  I see nothing in that process to set a schedule that.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you step through the process provided in that link, you'll be in the Mode tab where you can edit and create your modes. There's also a scheduler in there.  Thus, create your own modes with approprite rules (notifications on and off, for instance, with a mode for each one) and then schedule those modes according to your needs.

garnold
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat wrote:

When you step through the process provided in that link, you'll be in the Mode tab where you can edit and create your modes. There's also a scheduler in there.  Thus, create your own modes with approprite rules (notifications on and off, for instance, with a mode for each one) and then schedule those modes according to your needs.

So it switches between the modes automatically?  I do not have to do it manually?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's exactly what any scheduler is for.