Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

"This arlo device is offline" after router reconnects

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ochen
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I've been using my arlo for quite a while now. Recently, I have experienced a lot of connection issue with my router (Orbi, another netgear product, go figure).

Basically I have it setup where all my smart devices (hue, cameras, etc) are wired to my satellite Orbi router, and lately, the mesh router have been acting up and the satellite's constantly dropping connections.

Now, before when this happened, my cameras are always able to find their ways of connecting to the base station again after connection drop / power goes out. However, recently, the cameras have started to show "this arlo device is offline" after a wireless issue, and i would have to physically grab the camera, and put it next to the base station to resync. 

As you might have guessed, one of my security camera is placed high up at my entrance near my door, i need to go out and grab it with a ladder, then come inside and run up stairs to be next to my base station to resync every time this happens.

Is this expected behavior? How come it was able to re sync by itself before until recently??

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

My cameras can normally resync themselves with just a power cycle of the base, though I haven't had any issues for a long time now.

Kinda sounds like an issue with Orbi first and foremost. Which model Orbi do you have and what firmware version is it running?

ochen
Aspirant
Aspirant

don't get me started! i've been trying to find help over on the orbi forum for weeks. I have the latest firmware on the RBS50