Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

"Not compatible with this version". Can't download app on Pixel 4a.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Reedprincess
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can't download app to Google Pixel 4a. Have installed all security and operating system updates, etc.
Keep getting message "Your device isn't compatible with this version"
Any advice?
It worked fab on my old Sony Xperia 2...

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Reedprincess,

Could you provide a screenshot that shows you're getting that error message on your Pixel 4a?

Reedprincess
Aspirant
Aspirant
Here's the screenshot:
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's weird. My Pixel 5 works fine and these phones are roughly the same age. You're on Android 11, right? I guess it's possible that you may need to reset the phone.

Reedprincess
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, definitely on Android 11.
Reset the phone - as in, restore to factory default and start from scratch with apps, etc?
The only thing I can think of that may be an issue is that I'm in St Lucia, not the USA, currently. But even with a VPN, I get the same message...
Reedprincess
Aspirant
Aspirant
In the most recent saga of strange. Have changed absolutely nothing on the phone - no reset, nothing!
And today, it downloaded just fine. Absolutely no issues at all.
But - of course - husband's phone still won't download the app, gets the same message as above.
Same phone, Pixel a4, Android 11, etc. We're on the same WiFi network, literally sitting next to each other - and mine came through like normal, he's still getting "not compatible with this version".
I have no ideas at this point!!
Anyone??
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Reedprincess,

I would suggest to try contacting the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.