Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
sangliu
Follower
Follower

Greetings,

I've this messeage a couplet weeks ago on Chrome, and followed the instruction to installed the latest version, re-started the browser and still have the same message ever since.  I didn't have the problem if using other browser.  Any idea???

8 REPLIES 8
nhann
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi sangliu,

Chrome has an integrated version of Flash Player. Please check if you are running the latest Chrome version and that you have the Flash Player enabled in your browser.
Are you able to uninstall and reinstall Chrome?
Here you can find more information on requirements to run the Arlo web application.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

NhanN

Gerardb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I received the following text: A new version of Adobe Flash player are required. Please install the latest version here. I have installed FP 21 (latest version) and after 2 times restarting my MAC pro computer it still gave the above written message. Anny suggestions?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gerardb,

What browser are you using? Do you see the same behavior when using a different browser (Chrome, IE, FireFox)?

JamesC

KrissK
Aspirant
Aspirant

I logged in this evening to find my cameras were not working.  Instead the message to install the latest version of Adobe Flash player was headlined across the screen.  So, I followed the instruction to "click here" and downloaded the upgrade.  Upon receipt of the "installation complete" confirmation, I restarted my PC, but I still receive the same messge when using MSN as my browser.  However, when I switch to Chrome, Arlo recognizes the software upgrade and the cameras work fine.  Why can I no longer use MSN, which has been my browser since I purchased the Arlo system?  Would appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks so much,

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KrissK,

It could be that flash player was updated, but not enabled on that browser if you are not having any issues when using Chrome. Check to make sure flash is not only up to date but enabled.

JamesC

KrissK
Aspirant
Aspirant

James, thank you for responding .. but I checked the Tools menu in Internet Explorer (MSN) and it shows that Adobe Flash is enabled .. it just is not working.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KrissK,

If you are not having an issue with Chrome, something in your Internet explorer browser is causing the issue. You might try uninstalling flash and then download again. Also be sure IE is up to date.

JamesC

KrissK
Aspirant
Aspirant

James - once again, thank you for the timely response.  

Using your suggestion, I uninstalled/reinstalled Flash Player .. but receive the same 'update Flash Player' message thru IE.  I'm a novice, so I don't know how to check if IE is up-to-date.  

Regardless, tho it was a 'one-step' process checing the cameras thru IE, I guess I'll have to live with the extra steps in going thru Chrome.  But - again - I appreciate your diligence in trying to resolve my problem.