Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
peteG
Follower
Follower

hello

i bought a 3 camera ARLO system yesterday, one of them keeps going offline, after syncing it works fine with full battery and wifi signal, then it goes offline and when I press the sync button nothing happens

any help would be good

63 REPLIES 63
CharlesMesser
Aspirant
Aspirant
I installed a 4 cam system yesterday this morning the first cam went off line can't get it to come back
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try opening and closing the battery door as well as restarting the base.  If that doesn't work, remove the camera in Settings, My Devices and resync it.  Any luck?

Rudy
Apprentice
Apprentice

i woke up to three cameras offline this morning had to renoot the base 7 times to get them back, something is going on on the arlo bäck end cloud connection again

Rudy
Apprentice
Apprentice

They went bac offline again, there is something wrong on the arlo cloud side, i hope they fix this in a timely fashion

Rudy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Reboot cameras and basestation several times, fresh batteries, still no luck.

NetGear please fix this issue!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rudy,

When all of you cameras are showing offline, what is the camera LED behavior on the base station?

Are you seeing this behavior regardless of what client you are using (web browser/mobile app)?

JamesC

Rudy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi James, I ultimately got it working, I got out the ladder took down the four affected cameras, brought them close to the basestation and re-synched them. Not exactly a good solution, but it worked for now. I did not need to remove them prior, so atleast I did not have to re-create all the rules.

Rudy

Rudy
Apprentice
Apprentice

I spoke too soon, just restarted a basestation as a test and one camera doesn't come back. I will have to get the ladder out again, this is a pain, I pay for elite, NetGear should resolve this issue

Spoiler

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rudy,

What is the WiFi signal strength for the affected camera? It could be that this camera is struggling to maintain it's connection with the base station, causing it to drop offline.

JamesC

Rudy
Apprentice
Apprentice

It happens with various cameras so the strenght doesn't seem to matter, this is an issue NetGear needs to fix in the firmware or the application!

Thank you

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just out of curiosity, have you swapped cameras around (good with bad) to see if the problem stays with the camera or with the position?

Stmikecan
Initiate
Initiate
This is getting annoying. My 3rd camera on my system keeps going offline. I've had to re synch the camera several times including swapping batteries and I get it working only for it to go back off line after a week or so.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe it's just a bad camera although signal strength and interference can play an issue. Create a trouble ticket to help determine whether it's a camera problem.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Stmikecan,

You indicate you have more than one camera. A good way to isolate the issue further would be to swap the location of the affected camera with a camera that is behaving correctly. This will help identify if the issue is with the location or the camera.

JamesC