Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

not receiving Firmware Update?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MKPA
Tutor
Tutor

There was a 9-14-2016 announcement that an automatic firmware upate would take place that night.  The newest release notes posted for that date show version 1.7.8_7427 for the base station and 1.2.7730 for the cameras.

I did not receive the update and am still showing verision 1.7.5_6178 for the base station and 1.2.4941 for my cameras.  When I click on the versions they both say "No updates available". I restarted my base station with no change.

Am I missing the update?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MKPA
Tutor
Tutor

Problem solved!  The power button reboot of the base station worked.  I now have the latest firmware versions for the base station and the cameras.

Thank you, James!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MKPA,

The firmware update will complete automatically overnight.

If you are having issues receiving the update, be sure your cameras have good signal strength and good battery life. Also consider a reboot of your base station (using the on-off button) and allow the base station to attempt updating overnight.

JamesC

MKPA
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks, James.  I have full signal and full battery.  I'll try the power button reboot and see what happens overnight.

MKPA
Tutor
Tutor

Problem solved!  The power button reboot of the base station worked.  I now have the latest firmware versions for the base station and the cameras.

Thank you, James!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MKPA,

Glad I could help. Thanks for the follow up as this information will be useful for other community members having the same or a similar issue.

Thank you again for your contribution!

JamesC