Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

not connecting to internet

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TechnoChalenged
Aspirant
Aspirant

arlo not connecting to internet i see it on the dhcp table and opened port 443 and 80 and tried to dmz it, nothing seems to work

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What platform/browser/app?  Make sure the device you're trying to use to set up hte system is on the same network (mobile devices need to be on WiFi to the same router).

TechnoChalenged
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm using iMac with OS X and my router is a smart rg505n.  I also use and iPhone 5s and see it as well on the dhcp table.  I've factory reseted multiple times and still have an amber light on the Internet connection (not connected) really annoying this is my third day messing around with this 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be that you also need to open the NTP port (123). Another user with a different router had to do that recently.

TechnoChalenged
Aspirant
Aspirant

still not working this is now about a week still playing around with this when i have free time.  So much for quick setup

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it could be a bad base unit, I suspect the router is blocking access. Have you set additional controls in the router or otherwise tried to increase security?

TechnoChalenged
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don't have any security setting set at the moment on my router
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TechnoChalenged, 

Would if be possible for you to try and set up the base station on a different network entirely to isolate the issue further? If the base station sees an internet connection on a different network that would at least let us know a little bit more about the issue.

Regards,

JamesC