Cannot Connect to the Base Station

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jbailey95
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am really frustrated with this system.  I have had it connected to my router for 2 weeks now and have periodically tried to connect to the base station through the app and also online.  All attempts have been with systems on the same network (since I only have one network).  The base station internet light has been solid green throughout the duration.  The base station also shows up in my router settings as a connected device with a valid IP address and connectivity tests have all been successful.  I was even able to sync the cameras to the base station.  However I am still unable to complete the new system setup regardless of whether I use the app or try from a computer also connected directly via LAN to the same router.

Please help.

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First step is to try a different browser... some have trouble getting connected for unknown reasons.

Firefox, Chrome, Win exp 10 + all seem to act up at times, Fire Fox works perfect for me.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jbailey95
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion.  It didn't work for me, but it was worth a shot.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The other possibility is a firewall (hardware or software) and/or antivirus software is blocking access. BitDefender seems to be a big culprit but others may be configured to block ports 80 and/or 443 to Arlo.com and need to be modified.

jbailey95
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just to update my post, I disabled firewall protection completely and still have been unable to connect.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jbailey95,

What is the status of the LED indicators on the base station (solid green, amber etc.)? When you say you are unable to connect, is the base station serial number not populating on the new system setup or are you referring to the LEDs on the base station? Also consider taking a look at this article for some troubleshooting options: How do I enter the Arlo Base Station serial number?

Let us know!

JamesC

jbailey95
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry.  I have not looked at this in a while.  I took a break from trying to figure out the issue.  I have a solid green power and internet light.  It is hanging up at the population of the serial number (I guess) when I try to connect to the base station as a new system from both the Arlo app and from the web page.  

jbailey95
Aspirant
Aspirant

My issue has been resolved after some time chatting with Tech Support.  It seems the only way to connect to the base station for me was with Mozilla on Windows.  I had been using multiple web browsers on my Mac and the iOS app and none of them worked at all.  Mozilla on the Mac worked better than others but I could not get past the Serial Number entry as there were no buttons to click.  I tried with a PC laptop over the weekend and finally had success.  I could not get Chrome or Internet Explorer to work in the Windows environment.

I hope this helps someone else having similar issues.