Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
lifebeginsafter
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have an total of 5 cameras that i am using. when it comes to checking out what is recorded during the night, just with cameras that are located outside, being exposed to elements, the recordings are blurry. Even when i look at recorded videos that are me, i look blurry. Defeats my purpose of being able to use to act on a police report if i can't make out recording. During the day, no problem. I did look for posting with this issue but didn't find, could have overlooked? tks for reponse

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

can you post a clip or vid?

remember the range of the IR illumination is not very far so that could be an issue

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, your issue of water in the camera may be part of this issue.

lifebeginsafter
Aspirant
Aspirant

if distance is issue, how far? Everytime i save a video to post, i forget about it and then delete it? Close up video is clear but not as clear as day time. get out about 25 feet, then person is blurry

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

At 25 feet, the person is small and the compression causes a lot of blurring so what you see is what you get. If you want an ID of a person at that range you need to move the camera closer to that area.

Arlo8000
Tutor
Tutor
Your issue seems more like the range of your infrared cameras which can be mitigated with artificial light. . I'm having a very similar issue with my cameras did you find the problem? I believe it's a firmware problem and power cycling the camera does temporarily resolve it.