Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mountaindewbass
Apprentice
Apprentice

Something fishy has been happening since the last update.  My camera's will not detect motion for hours on end, but as soon as a log onto the website or from my phone..right then there is motion detected and it begins recording.  I open up the recording and there's nothing to be seen, no movement, just a video of my lonely driveway.  Now i thought maybe there was movement happening right when i opened up my app..but its been about a week of this happening it makes me wonder what is going on. 

Sometimes it will capture motion especially in high traffic areas..although not the best https://arlo.netgear.com/#/viewShared/2F155581D510C118 and other times it wont detect anything.  But having it to all of a sudden record video's when i log into the app is almost like a boss walks in to see his employees and there all of a sudden working, but being lazy when the boss is not around.

It also begs the question of weather or not they are detecting motion but they dont record it until the app is opened..which then it records nothing.

thoughts? Or are my camera's just lazy.

4 REPLIES 4
doraemon
Prodigy
Prodigy

@mountaindewbass

looks like you really have a lazy camera out there. let me ask you, have you done the reset and resynching process? if not, i suggest that you try resetting and opening the battery on the cameras in order to give them another fresh start. if the problem persists, i suggest to contact netgear if they could give you more advanced troubleshooting.

------------------------------
gimme dorayaki 😄
mountaindewbass
Apprentice
Apprentice

Since its all the cameras and not just one of them, i dont think they need to all be resynced.  I have had so many issues with this camera since i purchased it, i have found the best solution to is to just wait it out until their is a new firmware.  I have spent hours talking with tech support when my base was having issues out of the box.  I got to their tier 3 support when they finally sent me a new base to replace my week old base.  Then an update came out and my old base was fixed...so ill just continue to wait.

doraemon
Prodigy
Prodigy

@mountaindewbass

i guess that's the best option for you. keep us updated once you found a fix.

------------------------------
gimme dorayaki 😄
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Since the last firmware update last week I have gotten more false alerts than the entire 5 months I have had the system. Seems like every time there is an update something goes screwy.