Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Reply
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 11006 Views
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
drjames
Follower
Follower

I set it up to receive a text alert thru my Verizon phone but when I get the the first text where I'm supposed to "activate" the alert....there should be a second page of text showing me how to activate but it's not showing on the phone..how can I activate it?

10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

drjames wrote:

I set it up to receive a text alert thru my Verizon phone but when I get the the first text where I'm supposed to "activate" the alert....there should be a second page of text showing me how to activate but it's not showing on the phone..how can I activate it?


If your using a phone number as an email address so you can get an SMS (instead of email ) then it may not work as some of the html does not translate thru.

 

Just use it as an alert and log in to check.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Janice
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will SMS texts still alert me if there is motion detected?

 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Janice wrote:

Will SMS texts still alert me if there is motion detected?

 


If your using the SMS phone number as an email adresss, yes it will alert you.

Depending on your service company, some extra html charactors may also come tho, but I find it easier to get a text over email and then check the site if needed.

 

PS... worked for my wife's dumb phone too.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Rdpventures
Tutor
Tutor
I deactivated my camera by mistake. How do I now reactivate it. I do not see anyway to do this from the settings menu. The camera is already synced with the base station
DoreeGP
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was wondering how did you enter your wives number as an email? It is requiring a @

DoreeGP
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was able to enter my wireless phone number as an email on At&T but I am not sure how to reply to the message it is missing pages.Has anyone else had this problem and Know how to fit it?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

DoreeGP wrote:

I was able to enter my wireless phone number as an email on At&T but I am not sure how to reply to the message it is missing pages.Has anyone else had this problem and Know how to fit it?


ATT has problems with some of the email messg html and shows charactors on the screen badly....

 

but I don't reply to it...

I use the SMS messg just as an alert , then I'll check my email or log in to check the vids.

It's easier for me to receive a text over email on my phone as the text just pop up on the screen even in sleep mode.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
angstwad
Tutor
Tutor

If this is something you want, then you may consider trying Text Me Plz (https://textmeplz.com), which will send text notifications with an image for motion alerts.  This is what I use to receive all my alerts from Arlo.

Travelmouse
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you ever get any help with this issue? I'm having the same problem, I can't read to entire message so I don't know how to confirm therefore I don't get text alerts.

 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Travelmouse,

 

(I have also answered in the other thread you posted here: Email confirmation problems)

 

It sounds like something on the device could be causing the e-mail to open incorrectly. Consider opening the e-mail with a different browser or device to see if you get the same results.

 

JamesC