Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
BriBoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

just installed this system last night 7/13/2016 easy set up no issues worked great, got to work this morning tried it out and get the message CAMERA OFFLINE! all green lights on the base station when I left????/

10 REPLIES 10
ClamDigger200
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes this is exactly the same problem I am having today after having it working for about a week and replacing the batteries twice now it will not work at all saying that it's offline with brand new batteries installed are we going to have problems and issues with this all the time

ClamDigger200
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also like how you guys do not have an 800 number or any telephone numbers for help that shows me right there if you guys are a bad company

BriBoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

After further troubleshooting I realized the camera was no longer Sync'd with the base ststion, the camera would not re sync until I basically powered the camera down by simply opening the battery door and reclosing it.

I hope this is not an ongoing isuue either.... I will give it a few more days before I decide to return the system.

Pet1700
Apprentice
Apprentice

Many people including myself are experience "camera offline"...I had my system for nearly 3 months, and over the past few weeks, I have had to restart the base at least once or twice a day due to this issue.  I think it has to do with the latest firmware to the base, and the updates to the app.  The strange part is that the app is showing the camera wireless signal strenght and battery life, but showing no image, and saying camera is offline.

I really hope they resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Pet1700
Apprentice
Apprentice

If that happens to you again, my solution is to phycially turn off the base and turn on again.  Or go in your app, under setting, click on the base, and select retart.  That should bring back the cameras for ast least a day or so right now.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A little reading and searching goes a long ways.  There was a problem with the Android app v2.1.1 which has been resolved last night with v2.1.2, fixing the camera offline problem.  Using a browser or the iOS app, if available, worked the whole time.

Also, for support contacts, a little looking at these pages goes a long ways.  There's a Support link at the top that would seem to be useful. In there you'll find a Contact Support link on the right.  Try it - you'll like it.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As jguerdat states above, for those involved in this thread experiencing issues, Android update 2.1.2 has been released for the Arlo mobile app. Please download the update and let me know if you continue to experience any issues.

Thank you,

JamesC

Pet1700
Apprentice
Apprentice
I think another fix for some that worked for me, was getting the base to stay on a different wireless channel than my router. Not only is the Internet faster at home, arlo response time is faster when clicking live feed, etc.... Most importantly, I stopped losing my cameras daily once the channels were different.
BriBoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the feedback, I really like this system and look forward to expanding it.

BriBoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

I forgot to add I have the IOS app as well. seems to work fine.