Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

https://cdn.imgchest.com/files/k739cw9no7q.png for a screen shot/capture. I see nothing in My Devices that cause this. Do you also see this too or just me? I have Arlo and Arlo 2 Pro with granted access to each other and multiple accounts for multiple users.

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon.

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The dots mean there is at least one setting for one camera that Arlo thinks needs adjustment.  For instance, if you use activity zones and moved a camera a bit, then Arlo will use this mechanism to alert you to check the activity zone setup.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

@StephenB wrote:

The dots mean there is at least one setting for one camera that Arlo thinks needs adjustment.  For instance, if you use activity zones and moved a camera a bit, then Arlo will use this mechanism to alert you to check the activity zone setup.

I figured it out. Arlo Pro 2 account says its base station's connected USB flash drive is too small and wants 1 GB or more. However, it is 1 GB (well, Windows 10's File Explorer says 955 MB) and only used 80 KB! Huh?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ant wrote:

@StephenB wrote:

I figured it out. Arlo Pro 2 account says its base station's connected USB flash drive is too small and wants 1 GB or more. However, it is 1 GB (well, Windows 10's File Explorer says 955 MB) and only used 80 KB! Huh?

Actually the USB flash drive needs to be 16 GB or more.  This is buried in "what you need" here:

FWIW, I agree that a smaller drive would be enough for many people.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

On IOS, I see the dot notice by settings on a Q camera.... have gone thru all and can't find the reason.

For the last month , I just ignore it

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ant
Mentor
Mentor

@StephenB wrote:

@ant wrote:

@StephenB wrote:

Actually the USB flash drive needs to be 16 GB or more.  This is buried in "what you need" here:

What? 16 GB? I'm now using an old 2 GB drive (1.82 GB free out of 1.9 GB to be exact according to 64-bit W10 Pro's File Explorer).  This is even more weird. http://my.arlo.com says it has 54.70 GB used of 60.78 GB. Huh? Is there something wrong with Arlo's backend? My base station? I told base station to format it, but same result. Is there a bug? I'm going to reboot this  base station to see if it fixes it.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

@ant wrote:

@StephenB wrote:

@ant wrote:

@StephenB wrote:

What? 16 GB? I'm now using an old 2 GB drive (1.82 GB free out of 1.9 GB to be exact according to 64-bit W10 Pro's File Explorer).  This is even more weird. http://my.arlo.com says it has 54.70 GB used of 60.78 GB. Huh? Is there something wrong with Arlo's backend? My base station? I told base station to format it, but same result. Is there a bug? I'm going to reboot this  base station to see if it fixes it.

Reboot fixed the storage's free space: 0.08 GB used of 1.91 GB. I also noticed formatting and safely eject local storage don't seem to work at all before and after rebooting the base station via http://my.arlo.com. I used 64-bit W10 Pro's to check, and reformat (FAT) this 2 GB USB flash drive before reconnecting it back to the base station (0.00 GB used of 1.91 GB).

However, iOS app has no problems in ejecting and reformatting. Is http://my.arlo.com buggy or something? I am using 64-bit Firefox v105.0.1 web browser in my PC.