Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery charge indicators stuck and not changing. Camera Model: VMC3030

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
barneyme2s
Aspirant
Aspirant

About 2-3 weeks ago I noticed the battery charge indicators were not changing and seem to be stuck. The batteries will be dead, but the charge indicator will show 54%, or 80%, etc, etc, etc.

Cameras: VMC3030; Base Station Model: VMB3000; firmware: 3.6.12_1, dated: 9/8/2022; OS: Windows 10.

8 REPLIES 8
Dannybear
Master
Master

Are you able to compare with a mobile device to see if it behaves the same?

barneyme2s
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have nothing to compare to, just one camera to another. I tried re-booting the base station, but no help.

Dannybear
Master
Master

Do you have a iPhone that you can install the arlo app onto?

barneyme2s
Aspirant
Aspirant

No iphone, I use a laptop. I'm sure it is some kind of software problem. Probably due to the latest update, which was a few weeks ago this month. I have two systems and both have the same problem. Until this month, this was not a problem.

Dannybear
Master
Master

If you need reliable access to your arlo system I suggest you buy a iPhone else wait for arlo to implement a resolution.

I’ve been waiting several months for a fix but no joy yet. Android is a cheaper approach but I have read reports that suggests they are also impacted by the bug.

You can also contact arlo customer support via the app settings support page if you have a subscription.

I read on some financial reviews that arlo subscription sales are booming. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My Android phones work fine using both Android 11 and 13, not to mention the app on my Chromebook.

barneyme2s
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, but I have no intention of buying an iphone, nor do I want to pay a monthly fee for connection.

barneyme2s
Aspirant
Aspirant

That's nice, but I am not buying a iphone.