Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

iPhone won’t give notifications

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Snowsucks
Aspirant
Aspirant
Called Arlo customer support and did everything including resets, uninstalling and reinstalling. They finally said everything is okay on Arlo’s end. Said to check with Apple. Apple says it’s Arlo. Anyone else have this problem?
10 REPLIES 10
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Snowsucks,

What iPhone are you using? Have you tried checking your notifications on your iPhone settings and try to toggle the notifications off and on?

Snowsucks
Aspirant
Aspirant

iPhone 7 plus. Yes, I've uninstalled and re installed the app. I've switched the notivications on and off in settings as well. 

Skinner
Aspirant
Aspirant
What notifications are you speaking of and what are you not receiving? I have the iPhone 7 Plus with no issues may be able to assist...
Snowsucks
Aspirant
Aspirant

We use to get an alert if there was motion. Now we don't get any notifications, the app still records, however it doesn't alert us at all on the phone. 

Skinner
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok some things to confirm...

What subscription do you have if any?

If on a smart plan have you setup your notifications for each camera on the smart notifications page under settings?

Have you gone to your IOS settings and scrolled all the way to the Arlo app at the bottom and confirmed notifications are on?
Snowsucks
Aspirant
Aspirant

no subscription, but grandfathered in under having had it before they changed anything. 

Yes, set up notifications under each camera. 

Yes, scrolled and confirmed

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Snowsucks,

Are you on the latest iOS version, which is iOS 12.1.3?

BenFD
Aspirant
Aspirant

thank you fixed the problem notification was turned off

Snowsucks
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine still isn’t working
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Snowsucks,

Have you tried checking your modes/rules to make sure that the push notifications are enabled on the Arlo iOS app? Try to disable the push notifications and save. And then try to re-enable the push notifications and save.