Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jim30120
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Secure App can no longer change modes Arm, Standby, Home on iPhone. Buttons spin, do not function. Have fully uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted multiple times. Apparently Arlo Secure app updated past week. App functions on Android phone, Computer, old iPad.

10 REPLIES 10
Jim30120
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update: iPhone Problem Arlo app version is 4.16  Functional iPad Arlo app is 4.14 Is anyone else having this problem? Thank you.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Deleted redundant comment.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jim30120 

Are you still experiencing this symptom within the app?

Jim30120
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes this problem continues with iPhone. All devices same behavior as reported earlier.. iPhone app only,

modes not available. Thank you for inquiring.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jim30120 

Which version of iOS are you running on your iPhone? Did you mention the mode is working on 1 of your iPads? Do you have the OS version for that iPad?

Jim30120
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your assistance. To clarify, Arlo app worked on all devices until July 4 update to iPhone to Arlo 4.1.6. The ability to change Modes on iPhone stopped working with this update. iPhone is iOS V 17.5.1. Android phone and iPad Arlo app continues to function properly. iPad is iOS V 15.7.8

Jim30120
Aspirant
Aspirant

Help please! Problem continues with iPhone Primary Arlo Account. Modes not available.

1. Uninstalled many times, with reinstalls after phone reboots.

Offload data and Delete app both tried.

2. Background refresh off, on.

3. Removed app from App Store.

4. Cleared Safari cache.

No success. App does work on PC, iPad, Android phone and Android tablet.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jim30120 

Does the same symptom occur if your shared access user logs in to your device and try switching modes? 

Jim30120
Aspirant
Aspirant

On iPhone using broken app: Upon logging out Primary User and logging in family user, Modes worked, however Feed did not work and Notifications duplicated.

However Upon logging out family user and logging back in Primary User - app appears to be functioning properly. I will leave this open for a bit to make sure.

Ron84
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is obviously a defect in the new update app, I am unable to use any of my security spotlights because of ARLO’S refusal to take responsibility for releasing a glitch app ! That being said, it’s been weeks and not a word from ARLO, and you as a moderator seems useless as well. Thousands of customers purchased ARLO products to act as crime prevention deterrents, yet ARLO SITS ON THEIR HANDS ! At the minimum, rerelease an older version of the working app or at least allow us access to an earlier version so that are systems aren’t just paperweights. Personally, I’m disgusted as to how ARLO TREATS ITS CUSTOMER BASE AND WILL BE SEEKING A MORE USER FRIENDLY SYSTEM.