Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

how to reboot base station

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
waltpolston
Tutor
Tutor

Can someone tell me how to reboot my base station so it will update the FW. I have auto update on but it has not updated yet.

3 REPLIES 3
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon WaltPolston,

I have attempted to replicate the issue you described on another post. Let's see if we can't walk through this together. Please see instructions below for updating firmware when prompted after login:

1. Upon login if a firmware update is available you will see the following prompt:
  2. NOTE: Before updating firmware temporarily change the mode to “All motion off” and do not stream the cameras during this process.FWUpdate available Prompt.png
  3. To update click UPDATE
  4. You will be redirected to the Base Station Settings page
  5. Click UPDATE Base Station Settings_UpdateFW.png
  6. You will be prompted to confirm the action
  7. Click/tap UpdateFWUpdate available Prompt.png
  8. The firmware will begin downloading to the base station
  9. Click/tap OKBaseStation_Upgrade_OK.png
  10. Once the firmware has been downloaded and applied the base station will reboot itself
  11. Observe the base station for the Amber power LED
  12. Once the power, internet and camera LEDs return to a solid state the firmware update has completed.

Please let me know if this still does not resolve the issue with updating the firmware for your Arlo system.

You may also want to check out the following article that provides information on the minimum requirements to install and use the Arlo System.

What are the minimum requiremen​ts for installing my Arlo system?

I look forward to your next update.

Best Regards,

Christine

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
waltpolston
Tutor
Tutor

This did not work. I am not sure what to do next. My upload speed is 0.14 and I think someone said it needs to be around 1.0. Not sure where I can get this kind of upload speed. My feeling is that it should be told upfront that if you do not have this do not buy it.

AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

As far as the upload speed requirement, it is posted on the website: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/What-are-the-minimum-requirements-for-installin...