Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery life/motion detection

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
adammolinaro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo,

I have replaced my batteries on 3/21/15 and the camera is already showing half the bars indicating that my batteries will need replaced far earlier than the typical 4-6months.

I have the camera set on battery quality mode to try and get the most life out of the batteries. The camera goes off several times from around 1pm - 4pm due to the temperature changes and the sun position I assume. I have motion sensitivity set to only 60% (any lower and I don't catch images of those coming to my front door) and I have the camera facing as far down as possible (any lower and I will be looking at people's feet as opposed to thier face).

Is there anything else I should be doing to maximize my battery life and/or minimize the motion detection of the sun?

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like the sun moving across the sky at that time of day is causing a large amount of IR that is giving false triggers.

If changing the sensitivity lower doesn't work, you may have to chnge the location of the camera so light ( or reflection of same ) doesn't hit the camera during that time.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------