Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Johaan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had an incident at home involving a burgular, and the thief got caught at my Arlo devices. 

Now, I need to see the exact time for the recordning, not just hh:mm, i also need hh:mm:ss . 

Is it possible in any way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Johaan wrote:

I've had an incident at home involving a burgular, and the thief got caught at my Arlo devices. 

Now, I need to see the exact time for the recordning, not just hh:mm, i also need hh:mm:ss . 

You can download the video, and then run the filename through https://www.epochconverter.com/  That will give you seconds.

Not sure if that is the start or end time of the video, so I am tagging @JamesC and @ShayneS to see if they can clarify.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Johaan wrote:

You can download the video, and then run the filename through https://www.epochconverter.com/  That will give you seconds.

Not sure if that is the start or end time of the video, so I am tagging @JamesC and @ShayneS to see if they can clarify.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can also check the metadata using a computer viewing the properties of the video. In the past there was an issue with some camera models embedding the time and others not so this may not work. The epoch converter would then be the method to use.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

You can also check the metadata using a computer viewing the properties of the video.

@Johaan: FWIW, I checked with Windows "details", and didn't see the seconds - just hhmm.  But I just looked again with MediaInfoXP, and it does show the seconds in the metadata.

Johaan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks!
This solutions worked out just fine. I figured out that I was 41 seconds behind the burgular. 
Thanks!