Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
zulu360
Star
Star

Today I'm geeting a ":failed to connect" message in all popular browsers (chrome, firefox, IE) on my laptop. The mobile app, however, is working fine. Is anyone else having this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
zulu360
Star
Star

Surprisingly, after not working for about 8 days, all of the sudden today is working!

We had no Windows 10 nor any Norton updates. If anything, I think there was an update on Arlo's server side or firmware that affected some accounts or browser's WIFI camera connection and was eventually fixed. 

It would be nice if Arlo can be proactive by notifying affected customers of issues to avoid us having to go through wasted time in troubleshooting and chasing ghosts!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is your phone using your WiFi or cell service? Have you tried rebooting both the router and base, in that order?

zulu360
Star
Star

I've been getting the same "failed to connect error" on laptop/pc browsers but it's working on mobile. 

I have two separate systems in different geographical locations so it's not a router issue but more of an Arlo server side or firmware problem!

zulu360
Star
Star

Mobile phone is on wifi not on data cell service. I've rebooted router and base and still get a "failed to connect" error on laptop browsers! but mobile works fine. I have two Arlo systems with the same issue. One in GA and the other in FLA. Something is wrong on Arlo server side!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens if you use a mobile browser (set it to use the desktop version of the site) while on your WiFi? That would definitively eliminate the router issue.What antivirus and/or firewall software are you using? On all computers?

zulu360
Star
Star

When I use the my mobile browser and login, it kicks me to upgrade my plan or download the mobileapp. It does not allow me to view cameras!

I use Norton security  and have been using it for the past 3 years with Arlo with no issues in the past.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As I noted in my previous response, you have to use the browser settings to use the desktop version of the website.

For Norton, was there a recent update to it? Kaspersky has been a recent problem with it blocking access to Arlo - you have to manually configure it to allow access. Perhaps Norton has done the same thing - test by disabling the Norton firewall completely temporarily.

zulu360
Star
Star

Surprisingly, after not working for about 8 days, all of the sudden today is working!

We had no Windows 10 nor any Norton updates. If anything, I think there was an update on Arlo's server side or firmware that affected some accounts or browser's WIFI camera connection and was eventually fixed. 

It would be nice if Arlo can be proactive by notifying affected customers of issues to avoid us having to go through wasted time in troubleshooting and chasing ghosts!

MyBoat
Aspirant
Aspirant

whats the fix?

mooberz
Aspirant
Aspirant

there is no fix.... they make it work sometimes. sometimes it does not... prob some bad coding... 

it will work liek a champ from ios or android phones .. but from any browser will get connection error every time.... 

zulu360
Star
Star

I agree. There's no fix.

My laptop was connecting fine from home until 2 days ago when it started giving me the "failed to connect" message again. 

I think the problem may be a compatibility issue with some routers whenever there's a firmware update since I'm able to connect from work.