Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

extra user account

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
kookabarchonok
Aspirant
Aspirant

I seemed to have created, by mistake, an extra user account. How can I delete this account? I wish then to "re-create" this account as friend (to use on my mobile device).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kookabarchonok,

After going through the steps above what is the status of the friend invite you sent out? If you go to Settings and then to Friends does it say "accepted" or "pending". If it says pending that means the invite was not properly accepted. When the invite is sent to the friend accounts e-mail you must click the "Create my own Arlo Account" link provided. This will redirect you to a login screen. At that login screen you must enter the friend account that you already have created. You might find it easier to do from a PC so you don't get the redirect link to download the application. The most important step is that you login from the page that the "Create my own Arlo Account" link takes you to as this is what triggers the invite to go from "pending" to "accepted".

Hope this helps!

JamesC

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

kookabarchonok,

Is the base station assigned with the extra user account? If the base station is assigned to your main account, you could simply add the extra user account as a friend without deleting the account.

Here are steps on adding the extra user account as a friend through your main account:

1. Log in to your Arlo account (main account)
  2. Click Settings > Account Settings > Friends > Add
  3. Enter the information for the extra user account
  4. Click the cameras you want the friend to be able to access.
  5. Click the administrative rights you want to assign to the friend.
  6. Click Send Invite.
  7. The person designated as a “Friend” will be sent an automated email with a link to create a new Arlo account. However, since the extra user account has an existing account, you will simply need to login with the extra user account information that you already have.

I'm looking forward to the your response and results. 

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
kookabarchonok
Aspirant
Aspirant

Kristyn,

I have done the actions you recommended.

When I tried to log in to the extra account, Arlo requests me to download the app for Android.

I already have the app on my android device.

I have tried to ask for a password reset, but Arlo says the account does not exist.

Again, is it possible to delete the account?

thanks,

tephen

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

kookabarchonok wrote:

When I tried to log in to the extra account, Arlo requests me to download the app for Android.

I already have the app on my android device.

Just an FYI - if you're on a mobile device using a web browser, the browser identifies itself as the mobile version. If you click on the browser's menu (top right) you can choose the request the desktop version which gets you past the intall app page.  Firefox has extensions like Desktop By Default that always requests the desktop version of pages.

kookabarchonok
Aspirant
Aspirant

I managed to a) reset my password and b) get past the "download the app" menu and properly log in.
No cameras are displayed or reachable.
The library shows no saved footage (which there is).
Only minimal settings are displayed.

I still think I need to delete the extra account and start over.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Kinda sounds like the page hasn't completely loaded.  Try logging out and back in or use a different browser/app to see what happens.

kookabarchonok
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried using IE instead of Chrome and got the "how to sync a camera" salutation message as if setting up for the first time (see below).
There's nothing in library (and I know that there are quite a few saved recordings)

I still think I need to reset by deleting this account.

arlo msg.png

kookabarchonok
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, Hello.... Can anybody help me with this.............................?
Helloooooooooooooooooo..............?

(Cue sound of crickets....)

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kookabarchonok,

After going through the steps above what is the status of the friend invite you sent out? If you go to Settings and then to Friends does it say "accepted" or "pending". If it says pending that means the invite was not properly accepted. When the invite is sent to the friend accounts e-mail you must click the "Create my own Arlo Account" link provided. This will redirect you to a login screen. At that login screen you must enter the friend account that you already have created. You might find it easier to do from a PC so you don't get the redirect link to download the application. The most important step is that you login from the page that the "Create my own Arlo Account" link takes you to as this is what triggers the invite to go from "pending" to "accepted".

Hope this helps!

JamesC

kookabarchonok
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC,

Under the Settings/Friends menu it said "Expired"...

...So I resent the invite, retrieved the email invitation from the friend email account and clicked the link... FROM A PC (this time).
It worked, all cameras were as displayed as per the permissions I that granted to "the friend" from the main account.

There was, however, a "New System Setup" menu item, which I made the mistake of clicking out of curiosity.
It started the sequence of steps to initate contact with my cameras as if I were setting up for the first time.
I quickly clicked the back button on the browser and got logged out.
I logged back in (to friend) and everything was ok.
I checked the friend account from my tablet and all was good to go too.

I shall studiously avoid "New System Setup" from now on.

Many thanks for your and other's assistance in this matter.

Stephen a'B

Byerly1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm still trying to figure this out too. No matter how many times I try and log in it says "the friend does not exist" to be a friend do you have to have multiple accounts?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Byerly1,

You must add the person you want to share the account with under the "Grant Access" feature. They must then accept the invitation and create an account to see the shared cameras. Take a look at this article for instructions on how to initiate and complete the process: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC